• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Welcome Jevani Brown

Grecian2K

Very well known Exeweb poster
No. Alan Beer.
Or Steve Neville possibly...as Mr Harris rightly points out "fluidity" of playing styles changes over the year but JB's bit of trickery to set up the goal at Lincoln from quite put wide in mf struck me as slightly reminiscent of Mr Weeeeve in his pomp?

antman

Well-known Exeweb poster
Technically the best player we have ever had apart from Ryan Harley, he offers more when running with the ball than Harley did, not as good with his weaker foot as Harley was, but a constant thorn in the side of opposition defences. I can't imagine we'll keep him beyond the end of this season if his form carries on so I'm just hoping we'll keep him until then.

Quality players on the ball don't come around very often, whatever position they play. In my 60+ years of supporting City Jevani, provided he can maintain his form, will join Lammie Robertson, Ryan Harley and Nicky Law. Depending on opinion there will be others, of course.
Watching Jevani play for us brings an excitement you don't see very often in football: the goal at Swindon was a season changer for our club.

grecIAN Harris

Technically the best player we have ever had apart from Ryan Harley, he offers more when running with the ball than Harley did, not as good with his weaker foot as Harley was, but a constant thorn in the side of opposition defences. I can't imagine we'll keep him beyond the end of this season if his form carries on so I'm just hoping we'll keep him until then.
He can't play passes like Harley could but if he can shift The Devonport End the way Harley did I'll overlook it.

denzel

I did enjoy his backheeled nutmeg yesterday. And of course his goals.

gilbertshoot

Quite simply, he makes things happen. The assists, the goals. Love the lad

SaintJames

Well-known Exeweb poster
For me it was Alan Gow remeber that rabona! However, if Jevani carries on with this form for the whole season he will win it by a landslide

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
He can't play passes like Harley could but if he can shift The Devonport End the way Harley did I'll overlook it.
Tis still called "Harley Park" apparently

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
Harley, Gow, and Jevani all have/had the wow factor.

Jevani's quality performances became more consistent as as the season went on last year and he clearly has the quality for L1 and above.

We've definitely improved his game as his running now is tenfold what it was at the start of last season. Whether that's a mental element or perhaps a fitness element I don't know but its clear he's enjoying his football with ecfc.

I'm assuming it's his last year of his contract with us and no doubt the vultures are already hovering to take him on a free come the end of this season.

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
Harley, Gow, and Jevani all have/had the wow factor.

Jevani's quality performances became more consistent as as the season went on last year and he clearly has the quality for L1 and above.

We've definitely improved his game as his running now is tenfold what it was at the start of last season. Whether that's a mental element or perhaps a fitness element I don't know but its clear he's enjoying his football with ecfc.

I'm assuming it's his last year of his contract with us and no doubt the vultures are already hovering to take him on a free come the end of this season.
There was a match March time last season (maybe Vale away actually) where I noticed him sprint to close someone down for the first time and wondered to myself why I hadn't seen him do it more.

If he keeps up this form he'll have a major dilemma. At 27/28 if someone puts a big contract in front of him he'd be foolish to stay but he's clearly happy here, we've seemingly improved his game and he might struggle if he moves...and we'd lose him for free. Frustrating isn't it?