• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Welcome Jake Caprice (to Burton Albion)

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
Not if he plays like he did yesterday because Key was off yesterday.
Nonsense, he wasn't as effective as he can be but to say he was off is incorrect.

sidney

A curious game, rather lacking in atmosphere. Carlisle probably had the edge prior to the sending off, but one always had the feeling that City had the better players and would eventually prevail. It was interesting tactically: we began by pumping the ball upfield where their big centre half dominated. We looked much better when we tried to play it through. Daniel had a poor game and was unwilling to feed Coley who was consequently starved of possession, especially in the second half. Grounds and Caprice were far more effective when they came on.

One of the mysteries of modern football is the knee jerk reaction of teams to goals and dismissals. Carlisle retreated after going down to ten men, with no real prospect of holding on to a point. As soon as we scored, they came forward and played brightly and looked quite dangerous.

Meanwhile, as soon as we scored, instead of responding positively, we went all sloppy and tentative.

Apart from one alarming misunderstanding with Sweeney, Hartridge looks the real deal: there is growing authority and maturity about his play.

grecIAN Harris

Very well known Exeweb poster
Nonsense, he wasn't as effective as he can be but to say he was off is incorrect.
Pipe down Snoop and go and read the post in context to Sturtz post that I was replying to. I'll give you a clue, Sturtz was on about Key being 'off' in January.

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
Thoughts?

I like Caprice but that stat only tells half the story IMO.

Spanks

Administrator
Staff member
Thoughts?

I like Caprice but that stat only tells half the story IMO.

Not really. By the time he's got to the by line, it's time to cut back onto his right. He probably does an extra 15-20 yards each carry. :ROFLMAO:

Devon Red

Well-known Exeweb poster
It would be interesting to know whether his ball carrying stats would be similar if he was playing on the right. Because he plays on the left he sometimes has little option but to keep running with it because he hasn't got the confidence to play a pass inside with his left foot.

Bridgy 81

I suppose you can interpret these figures in various ways, but given that he’s been played out of positon for virtually the whole season so far, I think he’s done well for us.

MJP_Exeter

Well-known Exeweb poster
I think Caprice has been a revelation down the left hand side, especially considering it is his weaker side. If we do lose Key in the next few days though i am more than happy with Caprice down the right and Sparkes down the left but obviously do not want to lose Key.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
Another one putting a dampener on the Matt Taylor fall out theorists