• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Welcome Gary Caldwell - new manager

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
Great stuff. One question. If I've read the graphs right, we appear more likely to go down of we get 51 points than if we get 49 or 50. Have I read that right?

And ,if that is the case, what causes that quirk?
I haven't really thought this through, but I guess a result that retains our advantage over a team below us, let's say a draw with Accrington, is, potentially, more help to us in avoiding relegation than beating a team higher up the table.

For example, if Arsenal were to play Man City with three games remaining and went into the game with a six-point advantage, a draw would be enough to secure the title, even if they went on to lose their final two games. Conversely, were they to lose to Man City, they could win one of their remaining two games – which would give them a bigger points total – and still miss out on the title.

tom_ecfc

I'm not counting any chickens
My chicken are safely being reared for another season in L1 🐓🐓🐓

(can you rear a chicken?!?!)

DB9

Very well known Exeweb poster

Probably but it might make the chicken's eyes water! :)

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong

Only if you are a rooster !!

contrabombarde

Only if you are a rooster !!
That’s foul!

Great stuff. One question. If I've read the graphs right, we appear more likely to go down of we get 51 points than if we get 49 or 50. Have I read that right?

And ,if that is the case, what causes that quirk?
The charts are based on 10,000 simulations ... and for the points with a small tally will often create small (or not so small) blips., that's what the message under the chart "Percentages based on very low occurrences (far left or right) are likely to be 'inaccurate' " is trying to convey. I've ran a local version of 100,000 simulations & this gives a smoother curve. It also shows that if we get zero more points still got good chance of survival.
1679345937580.png
or view the league 1 equivalent https://www.probs4.club/lge/lge1#LP

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member

Devon Red

Well-known Exeweb poster
Here come the 'Nicholson speaks well' brigade

dontpassback

I think Gary Caldwell has done well,coming in after matt Taylor,left, he has restructured the team,and managed to attract players to ECFC from afar,something that Taylor was always bemoaning,so in the long run I think he will do well for us

Red Devon

Very well known Exeweb poster
I think Gary Caldwell has done well,coming in after matt Taylor,left, he has restructured the team,and managed to attract players to ECFC from afar,something that Taylor was always bemoaning,so in the long run I think he will do well for us
He’ll need to make a number of signings of equal calibre in the summer