• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Welcome Callum Rowe

sidney

A very good performance and most impressive. My friend and I predicted MoM despite the heroics of Stubbs. I suspect the weakness of the Stevenage midfield may have helped, but his balance and slickness, and especially that effortless turn, reminded of the long forgotten Chris Holloway. As with CH, the class is there, it just needs to translate into effectiveness, and consistency.

Martin Lawrence

Well-known Exeweb poster
I thought Rowe looked good in the last two games. Poise and balance coupled with a bit of pace and energy. A "high quality problem" for MT in terms of team selection for Newport.

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
To be fair, I did say he'd probably have a blinder against Stevenage. And in my defence, my post was written before we knew how long Kyle Taylor was going to be out for and I didn't see too many people queueing up to tell my I was wrong before yesterday.
However, all credit to Callum. A week ago he was struggling to get in the Bath side and probably worrying about getting a contract anywhere; now he's made the most of his unexpected opportunity and probably already done enough to earn a contract for next season.
To be clear, my post was very much tongue in cheek. Like you, I was among those who wasn't sure what the future held for Callum before Saturday. My point was not that your initial post was unwarranted but that, after Saturday, Callum made it very obvious he has the potential to prosper at SJP.

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
To be clear, my post was very much tongue in cheek. Like you, I was among those who wasn't sure what the future held for Callum before Saturday. My point was not that your initial post was unwarranted but that, after Saturday, Callum made it very obvious he has the potential to prosper at SJP.
No worries, Exeweb would be very boring if no-one ever expressed an opinion or made a prediction and I'm sure I've made a few clangers over the years - at one point, for example, I seem to remember raving about how good I thought Noah Smerdon was going to be.

jimbo-gould

Interesting that Chrisene, who was typically a central midfielder for us went to Villa and become a left back has completely swapped roles and club with Rowe, the left back who joins us and becomes a CM.

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
According to DevonLive that eminence of reporting greatness contract is up end of the season (which we all knew any way when you sign a year deal) https://www.devonlive.com/all-about/exeter-city-fc

I did think there might have been a one year option though, could be making it up

andrew p long

Very well known Exeweb poster
Rowe was originally a left back, played there for Villa in the famous Liverpool game when Chrisene was LM.
Re-reading the thread I see that Callum himself said in interview on signing for City

'I was formerly a midfielder....I'm naturally a midfielder...got converted to left back a couple of seasons ago'

tonykellowfan

Young players move position all the time.

I notice from the highlights that the first goal came from a corner which was from Key's shot, Key being fed after Rowe won the ball in midfield. I notice that his distribution seemed to be pretty good and he was composed on the ball.

grecIAN Harris

Very well known Exeweb poster
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/61025091, I saw this on the BBC website and thought it might be of interest.

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/61025091, I saw this on the BBC website and thought it might be of interest.
Brent Pilnick always keeps a weather eye on us and puts good stories together featuring us