• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Weighted PPG and play-offs for League 2?

irishbrian

Well-known Exeweb poster
SEXY!!!!! So , we (hopefully) will have a play-off situation. Id be annoyed if I was Barrow though IF they are not coming up.
Why not just put Westley in charge of SATANage and relegate them. That would be worth seeing.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
I wonder what thought has been given to starting the next season?

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
With 5 of our remaining 9 games at home would the weighted points system not somehow push us in to autos?

If not, I guess it looks like playoffs, any chance of Argyle slipping into the playoffs?

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Looks like the vote in L2 was 20 to 4.

Banksy

Very well known Exeweb poster
Probably cost the thick end of £100k..A bit of a gamble for the clubs involved.
In a similar vein , regarding the six clubs who want to complete league 1 who are all going for promotion. What possible incentive is there for their opponents/ the other teams involved who have absolutely no reason to play themselves? Presumably the top teams will play their strongest team available , the rest will chuck in anybody maybe even a few Sunday League players and youth , they in some cases anyway having issued their retained list also . What a farce.

Last edited:

JJ red&white

With 5 of our remaining 9 games at home would the weighted points system not somehow push us in to autos?

If not, I guess it looks like playoffs, any chance of Argyle slipping into the playoffs?
No the only change to the important places in the table is Cheltenham moving above us by 0.6pts

RedPaul

Well-known Exeweb poster
Footballing wise, if this is true and we have a chance of play-off game then that is probably the best outcome we could have hoped for given on almost every measurement, other than taking the table after 23 games, we'd have missed out and Argyle would have gone up.

Whether financially and health wise, it is workable for us I don't know. What happens if a Colchester player (if it is them) tests positive the day before the match?

It seems a real shame they can't just find a way round this whole 30th June contract deadline issue. You'd have thought the PFA would be in favour of trying to sort something else hundreds, if not thousands, of its members are going to be out of work in 6 weeks.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
EFL statement

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Interestingly that statement does not mention promotion or play offs.

Legohead

Banned
So has the L2 season ended then or what? This is absolutely amateurish.

According to this:

The season has ended on a PPG basis.

Then it says it hasn't as it has to be ratified by the EFL etc.

So it hasn't ended then? Jesus wept. Somebody make a bloody FINAL decision. Run by clowns!