• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Weighted PPG and play-offs for League 2?

Surprised they didn’t use one with my bike in it. :) :cool:

Nice to see SJP emblazoned across the BBC website tho'! Bleddy typical that when I went into the article, there's also a picture of the exit at Crawley staring me in the face! Best part of the ground IMO, mind!

Red Devon

Very well known Exeweb poster
SiC..I did notice that😀 I quite like the standing away end at Crawley though you get nice and close to the pitch.

Grecian2K

There is a picture of SJP from an unusual viewpoint even if there is no mention of City in the text !
This was the full article (complete with the words of Chairman Tagg - straight from his little red & white book )
(I think that the link Hants kindly posted must have been the abbreviated version from their "rolling news" section?)

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
No plan for testing yet in place for league 1 and League 2 clubs

#Farce

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
It's likely we won't get a decision about L1 and L2 this week, despite there being a meeting on Wednesday with recommendations sent to Clubs on the Tuesday.

Banksy

It's likely we won't get a decision about L1 and L2 this week, despite there being a meeting on Wednesday with recommendations sent to Clubs on the Tuesday.
I think they’re having doubts about the cost of staging these playoffs , none of this has been thought through properly.By the time they make a decision it could be well into June . Add a few weeks training etc and players’ contracts will have started running out.

andrew p long

I think they’re having doubts about the cost of staging these playoffs , none of this has been thought through properly.By the time they make a decision it could be well into June . Add a few weeks training etc and players’ contracts will have started running out.
unsurprising. I said a week ago that the play offs wouldn’t happen because they are impractical. What had happened was that the League Two clubs had concluded that the regular league season had to end, but hadn’t yet been able to confront the reality of the cost and practicalities of the play offs, but would eventually do so.

As SEA Grecian then pointed out, the play offs could only be completed by 30 June if a decision about a return to training was made by 25 May (ie today!) . Three weeks training from next Monday plus the play offs in the last ten days of June is now looking hopelessly optimistic for League Two. After that we have the additional complications ( and additional expense) of contracts expiring on 30 June.

manc grecian

Don't contracts run until the end of July if the player is unable to find a new club?

Rosencrantz

Don't contracts run until the end of July if the player is unable to find a new club?
Yeah, so in theory you have until the end of July although I would guess the players in question would have to agree, as they do now, if they play or not as we are seeing with some Premier League players albeit possibly a different reason.

Strong kick back from Phil Wallets being unhappy that clubs can play for promotion (play offs) but Satanage can't play to avoid relegation. The collective good will always collide with individual clubs interests like this where there are so many conflicts. Any decision made by the EFL will go against someone's interest, at the moment it is Satanage in the hot seat, although Port Vale took the, slightly easier, decision to abide.

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
Maybe the Club just has to pay them an additional month's wages, without the contract extending?