• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

WC Day 2 - 3 matches to entertain us

manc grecian

Very well known Exeweb poster
Australia look a steaming pile of dung.

LOG

I'm glad Spain got a pasting. Their style of play is like having 10 Matt Gills on the pitch and it sends me to sleep.

Oh, Australia just got one back but they look very poor otherwise.

Grecian O'Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Australia probably deserved a point from tonights game. Were fully the better side in the second half.

This group looks very tasty. The Spain vs Chile match in the next round of fixtures will be huge!

Avening Posse

Fell asleep just before Australia Chile, loved the Spain Holland game though !, after the first 20 minutes I thought Spain were in control and would breeze it, but what a turnaround !. I thought Holland were parking the bus and going to rely on the counter, but once they realised just how slow some of the Spanish defenders were they seemed to gain hugely in confidence and completely transform, entertainment at its best.

If you watched the Chile game, can you give me an informed view on whether you think they could pose a serious threat to the Spanish please ?.....thanks in advance :)

scottus86

Fell asleep just before Australia Chile, loved the Spain Holland game though !, after the first 20 minutes I thought Spain were in control and would breeze it, but what a turnaround !. I thought Holland were parking the bus and going to rely on the counter, but once they realised just how slow some of the Spanish defenders were they seemed to gain hugely in confidence and completely transform, entertainment at its best.

If you watched the Chile game, can you give me an informed view on whether you think they could pose a serious threat to the Spanish please ?.....thanks in advance :)
I watched the first half and Chile definitely have the ability to cause and upset if they go for it because they re very quick but, I have a feeling they try and get a draw with Spain and if the succeed Spain will need to beat Australia 6-0 so long as Chile do not get thumped by the Dutch... who may have qualified for the next round and will only need a point to win.

I think the Group may end like this

Holland 7 points
Chile 5 points
Spain 4 points
Australia 0 points

Avening Posse

I watched the first half and Chile definitely have the ability to cause and upset if they go for it because they re very quick but, I have a feeling they try and get a draw with Spain and if the succeed Spain will need to beat Australia 6-0 so long as Chile do not get thumped by the Dutch... who may have qualified for the next round and will only need a point to win.

I think the Group may end like this

Holland 7 points
Chile 5 points
Spain 4 points
Australia 0 points
Thanks Scottus, I'm off to the bookies in a minute to stick some pennies on the 3 games today, but will check out the odds of Spain failing to get beyond the Group stage

thermopylai

Was a great night for Oranje. Am just beginning to calm down!

Just to give a feel for the Dutch reaction - the legendary Dutch commentator Jack van Gelder (some might remember his Dennis Bergkamp celebration) was chilled and relaxed as ever... you don't need to know Dutch to get it!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FJLKxTlF46Y