• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

WC 2022 Yay or "Meh"

Hermann

Well-known Exeweb poster
Bah, Did England win?

You seem exceedingly up to speed with things having said it was an outright Nay from you. But that was no doubt just another virtue signal. lolz
Yes, because having mentioned I spend a lot of time on twitter there's no way I could possibly have seen the score without watching it. I know we've added twitter to the list of things you have barely any understanding of, but I'm sure even you grasp the concept of trending.

Mr Jinx

Very well known Exeweb poster
Yes, because having mentioned I spend a lot of time on twitter there's no way I could possibly have seen the score without watching it. I know we've added twitter to the list of things you have barely any understanding of, but I'm sure even you grasp the concept of trending.
I'm getting to grips with Twitter again yes, having steered clear for past couple of years. It's becoming much fun, again.

iscalad

I'm getting to grips with Twitter again yes, having steered clear for past couple of years. It's becoming much fun, again.
Ah, is this because the Trumpster has been given his account back?

iscalad

Argentina under the junta at the time of the dirty war had a far, far worse human rights record than Qatar does now but they still got (and won IIRC) the tournament then. This isn't in any way to defend Qatar as their laws are an abomination but worth noting that there was no furore about homosexuality being illegal the last time that was the case at a WC venue (clearly the case rather; Russia four years ago is a debatable one). That was the 1994 WC when games were played in Texas.
The 70s, a rather different era.

Hermann

Well-known Exeweb poster
Enjoy it while it lasts.

Grecian2K

Enjoy it while it lasts.
At least we should be spared Jigzy's "words of wisdom" for a couple of hours at least

He'll be sat by the telly In his red MAGA cap in front of his Confederate flag, nursing his trusty AK47 on his lap and going "ewe--ess-ehh" throughout the match

Mr Jinx

Ah, is this because the Trumpster has been given his account back?
Not really.

Mainly because of all the leftists quitting in droves, so been busy drinking their tears.

Trumpeter is yet to speak.

Mr Jinx

At least we should be spared Jigzy's "words of wisdom" for a couple of hours at least

He'll be sat by the telly In his red MAGA cap in front of his Confederate flag, nursing his trusty AK47 on his lap and going "ewe--ess-ehh" throughout the match
Not arf! Spared of the BBC, I'm tuned in, watching the game, cheering on the septics hoping they beat the welshers who, I'm hoping, have the other great virtue signaller, the preposterous Drakeford, ringside.

angelic upstart

It's just the same as before. Just Lagboat doesn't get his weekly ban anymore.

DB9

Welsh fans who were wearing a rainbow hat were told by Qatari security to remove them before entering the stadium, Also a man wearing a rainbow t shirt was told it was not allowed, Again when queuing to get into the USA v Wales game. I honestly believe this is getting really dark and a huge stain on an already tarnished reputation of FIFA.