• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

WC 2018 - Russia

StroudGrecian

Very well known Exeweb poster
Will be at Wembley on Saturday. I hope England are up for this.
Are you on litter duty after Friday evening's match?

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Are you on litter duty after Friday evening's match?
In fact I'll be there on Friday evening.

Terryhall

Will be at Luzerns Swissporarena for Switzerland v Faroe Islands on Sunday. Might not be the walkover everyone is expecting, the Faroes are up to 76 in the FIFA rankings after getting good results against Hungary and Latvia so far, and Switzerland are definitely without Shaqiri and Embolo (there goes my 2nd favourite chant...)

Last edited:

ecfc70

You next set of qualifying games this weekend

Friday 24th March 2017

FIFA WORLD CUP QUALIFYING - EUROPEAN REGION - GROUP D
Republic of Ireland v Wales 19:45

Sunday 26th March 2017

FIFA WORLD CUP QUALIFYING - EUROPEAN REGION - GROUP C
Northern Ireland v Norway 19:45

FIFA WORLD CUP QUALIFYING - EUROPEAN REGION - GROUP F
England v Lithuania 17:00
Scotland v Slovenia 19:45

Terryhall

Ireland v Wales could be interesting - if Ireland win, it'll be a long road back for the Welsh to qualify.

Also expect Woodburn to be subbed on for the last minute.

ecfc70

Rooney left out of the latest squad for the Scotland qualifier and France friendly games

Legohead

Banned
Rooney left out of the latest squad for the Scotland qualifier and France friendly games
Better late than never I guess. :)

Red Devon

Very well known Exeweb poster
Apparently the England squad spent last weekend camping on Woodbury Common with the Royal Marines.

ecfc70

Yes, I think that they did and Vardy is also out.........anyway now that the season is over why not have some qualifiers.........

Saturday 10th June 2017
FIFA WORLD CUP QUALIFYING - EUROPEAN REGION - GROUP C
Azerbaijan v Northern Ireland 17:00

FIFA WORLD CUP QUALIFYING - EUROPEAN REGION - GROUP F
Scotland v England 17:00

Sunday 11th June 2017
FIFA WORLD CUP QUALIFYING - EUROPEAN REGION - GROUP D
Serbia v Wales 19:45

Exehausted

Am I the only person excited about tonight's match against the "Auld enemy"? The oldest fixture in International football. I spent a very nervy night in Glasgow waiting for our coach to be repaired to take us back to London. It was 1978, the Home Internationals, and Scotland had qualified for Argentina and England hadn't. It was all about being on the March with Ally's army and taking the micky out of us for our failure. We had lost the war, but on the day we won the battle, with Trevor Francis flattening their keeper and Coppell tapping into an empty net right at the end. I'm sat there assuming a foul but the ref gave it.They didn't see the funny side of it! It's cast purely to memory, because try as I might, I can't find a clip anywhere. Just about every other England Scotland game from the fifties upwards is on youtube but not that one. Strange. lets hope for a win tonight.