• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

WBA Arrangements

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
Not as I understand it - Rule 9(a)(iii) states:

There are different rules in place (part ii of the rule above) around non-league vs Prem/FL, but this would cover us switching the tie if it came to that. Not that I hope/nor expect that it will. Besides, I'm busy earlier in the day on Jan 6th so would be a real stretch to make it to the Black Country for KO, so keeping it at the Park would suit me.
You need to read the whole of that Rule, which makes it clear that it will not be the away teams ground. The alternative is the nearest suitable venue, which would I think mean either Sandy Park if available or in extremis Ashton Gate - Bristol City are away. I doubt if Plymouth would be regarded as suitable.

In the event that The Association decides not to allow the match to be played at that ground then the first alternative ground shall be the nearest suitable ground subject to the agreement of the Professional Game Board.

9. VENUE FOR MATCHES
(a) Venue
(i) The venue of each match (save for the Semi-Finals or Final which will be played at
venues selected by the Professional Game Board) will be that of the first named Club.
Subject to Competition Rules 9(a)(ii) and 9(a)(iii) such match shall be played on that
ground unless the consent of the Professional Game Board has been obtained to any
change of venue. In the case of a replay, subject to Competition Rules 9(a)(ii) and
9(a)(iii), the match shall be played on the ground of the second drawn Club, unless
the consent of the Professional Game Board has been obtained to any change of
venue.
(ii) For a tie to be played on the ground of a Club outside The FA Premier League or Football
League playing a Club from The FA Premier League or The Football League, the Home
Club shall take all necessary steps to liaise with the local enforcing authority and/or Police
to assess the suitability from a safety or security point of view of staging a tie at the
ground. Any such assessment shall be completed within three days of the date of the
Draw (or the date of the drawn tie in the case of a replay) or such longer period as shall
be agreed by The Association.
The Home Club shall forthwith notify the outcome of the assessment to The Association
along with such documentation supporting the assessment as may be required by The
Association.
The Association will decide whether to allow and require the match to be played at such
ground or not, taking into account the assessment and any supporting documentation.
In the event that The Association allows and requires the match to be played at that
ground, the Away Club may still lodge a protest under the provision of Competition Rule
9(b) if applicable.
In the event that The Association decides not to allow the match to be played at that
ground then the first alternative ground shall be the nearest suitable ground subject to
the agreement of the Professional Game Board.
(iii) In any event, the Professional Game Board shall have the power to order that any
match be played on an alternative ground or date, including a Sunday, if it is
considered appropriate and necessary. For ties switched from the ground of the Club
first drawn, then the Professional Game Board shall determine the financial conditions
in which the tie shall be played and this may include, any excess receipts to be paid
into the Pool.
(iv) No monetary or other consideration shall be asked for, offered or paid in connection
with negotiations for a change of venue.
(v) Any Club with a tie switched after declaring that the ground has been authorised to a
capacity agreed with the local enforcing authority or Police may be refused entry into
the Competition for the following season and be subject to such other action as the
Professional Game Board shall deem necessary.
(b) Protests Regarding the Suitability of Ground
(i) A Club may protest to the Professional Game Board that the ground of the Home
Club is unsuitable for the match. Such protest must be made to the Professional
Game Board and must be accompanied by a fee of £250, which may be forfeited if
the protest is not sustained.
(ii) The Professional Game Board shall have the power to consider the protest in such
manner and following such procedures as it considers appropriate. The Professional
Game Board may amongst other things order the match to be played on the ground of
the protesting Club, or on a neutral ground. The payment of the costs incurred by
either Club or The Association incidental to the protest shall be at the discretion of the
Professional Game Board.

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
Except the last bit there:

The Professional Game Board may amongst other things order the match to be played on the ground of the protesting Club, or on a neutral ground. The payment of the costs incurred by either Club or The Association incidental to the protest shall be at the discretion of the Professional Game Board.

So unlikely, but could still happen.

godisagrecian

The fact that we don't have a large capacity does not mean the ground is unsuitable. It is suitable for League football and has hosted 2 FA Cup matches this season. This is out of the equation.

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
The fact that we don't have a large capacity does not mean the ground is unsuitable. It is suitable for League football and has hosted 2 FA Cup matches this season. This is out of the equation.
Well yes, I'd have thought so too. I presume the reason for the delay will *probably* be down to the segregation and away ticket allocation.

Fareham Grecian

Well yes, I'd have thought so too. I presume the reason for the delay will *probably* be down to the segregation and away ticket allocation.
Blimey! We only beat FGR after 10pm last night, and the game isn’t till 6 Jan. It hardly qualifies as a delay, does it?

godisagrecian

Surely they'll have to have the same allocation as provided by us in league matches? If they were to get 15%, they'd get pretty much half the main stand, which would cause havoc due to hospitality seats and the new press area by the current segregation?

Grecian2K

Very well known Exeweb poster
The club has formally requested exemption from the FAC 15% rule (last two paras)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42336746

So probably no final details can be confirmed until this is processed.

on WBA's website https://www.wba.co.uk/news/2017/december/albion-to-visit-exeter-in-fa-cup/ ...

... Exeter's stadium is undergoing extensive redevelopment and the Club anticipates an extremely restricted ticket allocation for travelling Baggies fans.
Albion officials were in talks with Exeter today to discuss arrangements and expect to be able to announce full details early next week.

"... next week" ??? not sure why things can't be sorted in a day or so. ... would have thought most of the details could have been sorted in advance.

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
on WBA's website https://www.wba.co.uk/news/2017/december/albion-to-visit-exeter-in-fa-cup/ ...

... Exeter's stadium is undergoing extensive redevelopment and the Club anticipates an extremely restricted ticket allocation for travelling Baggies fans.
Albion officials were in talks with Exeter today to discuss arrangements and expect to be able to announce full details early next week.

"... next week" ??? not sure why things can't be sorted in a day or so. ... would have thought most of the details could have been sorted in advance.
I take that to me WBA's decision about who gets the restricted allocation of tickets, which will be more difficult to us selling tickets to ST holders and Gold Priority members.

The can in any case surely sell the 350 normal allocation then any additional number they might get (Block K?) later?

godisagrecian

Apparently we won 3-2 last night according to that; useless!