• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Warning - Fli

older-codger

Having had a payment of £42.99 taken from my bank account as PM-Fli-GBP Feltham that I could not recognise, I have done some research and it would appear to be Football League Interactive - i.e. a subscription to Grecian Player. Since I have not subscribed to GP for 3 years I am rather annoyed that this payment has been taken, presumably on the back of my previous subscription.

A warning to make sure that you are not charged in the future when (or if) you do not renew. I shall certainly be taking steps to obtain a refund.

contrabombarde

Indeed that is a worry. I also note that when you do subscribe it does not take the usual form of a direct debit or standing order which you can check up on. The money I notice just comes out of your account. Worth looking into certainly.

Pete Martin (CTID)

Very well known Exeweb poster
Indeed that is a worry. I also note that when you do subscribe it does not take the usual form of a direct debit or standing order which you can check up on. The money I notice just comes out of your account. Worth looking into certainly.
I would check that with your bank. Mine definitely comes out as a DD at £4.49 per month with the reference "OPTIMAL PAYMENTS LTD RE PERFORM 1"

contrabombarde

I would check that with your bank. Mine definitely comes out as a DD at £4.49 per month with the reference "OPTIMAL PAYMENTS LTD RE PERFORM 1"
Definitely not listed. Good old LLoyds High St. Will chase up. Thanks.

Anonymous

Well-known Exeweb poster
This is exactly the sort of thing this scumbag company will try to pull.

I swear they are complete crooks.

older-codger

The payment taken from mine was not a DD as I would have been aware of it since all my DD's are listed on my internet banking. Mine was marked as "Visa" which means that it was taken with my debit card details that are presumably held by the organisation (possibly illegally?)

Oldsmobile-88

It is always unwise to pay for any recurring payment service with a debit/credit card..If one decides to cancel the payment,it takes more than a phone call usually.Card providers will insist that it is put in writing(even in the internet age)

DD through a bank account is always the best option.It is easy to cancel & cannot be re activated.

richard_portland

Backing Gary Caldwell, thanks Matt and good luck.
It is always unwise to pay for any recurring payment service with a debit/credit card..If one decides to cancel the payment,it takes more than a phone call usually.Card providers will insist that it is put in writing(even in the internet age)

DD through a bank account is always the best option.It is easy to cancel & cannot be re activated.
some companies can reinstate a dd if they feel you owe the money, but this is usually service providers for utilities. In any case you are protected by the dd indemnity guarantee so if a claim goes out you didn't authorise you can ask the bank to refund you and they will then seek the money back from the company.

for card payments the bank I work for has a telephone help team who can help in similar cases.

Anonymous

Well-known Exeweb poster
Yeah you should contact your bank immediately and notify them that this charge was made without your consent.
Most banks will have a course of action they can pursue in order to get your money back.

Believe it or not I recently had an American Express credit card taken out in my name without my knowledge or consent, the first thing I knew about it was a notification via phone of an overdue outstanding payment. Always a nice surprise!!

RaeUK

Cleaner
Staff member
The different names it goes out on are interesting. I do the monthly DD at the moment and it's on my statement as 'PREMIUM TV' ...