• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Warming up

older-codger

It appears that Oakley may no be fit to play again during his current loan spell due to a thigh strain. In addition, Bauza is out with his hamstring and Krysiak also has a thigh strain.

This kind of injury is often the result of poor warming up. Maybe the pre-match preparations need looking at?

JayPob94

Oakley, Bauza and Krysiak are all made of glass, SMASH.

Parklife

This kind of injury is often the result of poor warming up. Maybe the pre-match preparations need looking at?
I think I read a quote from Tisdale about the changes in the pitch (both at SJP and the C&F) due to the large amount of rain and how that can lead to muscle injuries as they try to cope with the changes in the turf.

davidjenkin

Well-known Exeweb poster
Backing our manager like I always have. Geddon Tis
Matt Taylor's back was f*cked, I wouldn't be that surprised if maybe Nards and Bauza have some sort of back complaint too that tightens everything up in the leg muscles. You won't rid that in a warm-up, that'll need extensive back stretching and self myofascial release, and plenty of core work.

Oakley I don't think has played so many minutes for quite a while and this may have been what's copped him

Poultice

Very well known Exeweb poster
Matt Taylor's back was f*cked,
Doesn't seem to be bothering him much since he moved on, waits quietly for smug toenailer to come back and state that he is out injured this week.

Thames Valley Red

Oakley has made over 450 appearances in his career.....................hardly made of glass! He will return from this injury!

UTC

TVR

Banksy

This looks to me why Bauza never made it as opposed to his under 19 team mate Torres. Looks like we've signed a crock of s**t if this is all the games we're going to get out of him in a season.

Antony Moxey

It appears that Oakley may no be fit to play again during his current loan spell due to a thigh strain. In addition, Bauza is out with his hamstring and Krysiak also has a thigh strain.

'This kind of injury'? What kind - thigh strain, hamstring, are they all the same thing? I would suggest that if it was down to warm ups that it would occur fairly soon after the match has started, not a good half hour or more after kick off - surely that far into a game you'd be warmed up by then?

older-codger

Last time I looked, the hamstring was in my thigh ;)

You may be right but about the time but a player may continue for a while hoping that it will wear off until it becomes too much to carry on.

Antony Moxey

Last time I looked, the hamstring was in my thigh ;)

You may be right but about the time but a player may continue for a while hoping that it will wear off until it becomes too much to carry on.
So? an injury to your heel is not the same as a broken toe, both part of your foot though.