• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Walsall v Exeter City matchday thread

grecIAN Harris

Very well known Exeweb poster
https://www.skysports.com/football/walsall-vs-exeter/report/410895. From the highlights it's hard to see why Bowman goal was disallowed. Their second came from a series of powder puff tackles on the edge of the 18 yard box.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
It was disallowed for offside. The decision was wrong. No idea why it took so long to be made. Bowman have the lino stick for the rest of the game, hence he was booked.

PeteUSA

It was disallowed for offside. The decision was wrong. No idea why it took so long to be made. Bowman have the lino stick for the rest of the game, hence he was booked.

You cant expand on the above could you, other than the decision being (predictably) wrong?

geoffwp

Is this an extract from Taylor’s post match press conference?
🤣😂 after today's showing I would hope it was. They need more than the hair drier treatment.

Oldsmobile-88

The Grecians could have been dead & buried under a 4 goal avalanche at HT..BUT they weren’t.Came out in the 2nd half fighting got the equaliser & then went on to take the lead or so we thought.

Officials should be strong enough not be pressured to reverse marginal decisions(I have seen a fb video & it was marginally onside)

Not a great overall performance admittedly,but for the officials inept decision we could have got a result from
the game.

How on earth was the Walsall left back not sent off for the lunge at Richardson ?

A great turnout of Grecians again.Maybe one day a large following will have something to celebrate.

PeteUSA

I dont know what all the fuss is about regarding the disallowed goal. Its going to be annoying when all the players have accepted the situation and have lined up for the match to restart. That was very late for the offside to be applied, and I dont know whether the linesman or referee decided it didnt count. From the available footage, it does look like Bowman is a couple of feet offside when Williams struck that cross, theres no Walsall player keeping him (or two others for that matter) onside. It was a rotten way to get a goal chalked off, but the decision looks right, whoever applied it.

fred binneys head

King Matt sounded frustrated in his interview but spoke a lot of sense. Matt and the players need our support now more than ever. COYR.

i8cornwall

King Matt sounded frustrated in his interview but spoke a lot of sense. Matt and the players need our support now more than ever. COYR.
As much as you are right for the first time in a very very long time but Matt and the players need to earn that support by showing belief, drive and an actual want to get promoted.

fred binneys head

As much as you are right for the first time in a very very long time but Matt and the players need to earn that support by showing belief, drive and an actual want to get promoted.
Ouch.

They’ve earnt it already from me.

Grecian Max

We were beaten 3-1, get over it.
I came from Switzerland to cheer the guys on, where were you?
He was at the game? You choose to live in Switzerland, what do you want, a medal?