• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Walsall v Exeter City matchday thread

irishbrian

Well-known Exeweb poster
3 of the next 4 are at home .next up are Salford who have improved beating Bradford today ( mind you I have 2 dogs and a half blind cat that could beat Bradford and I’m being serious) then Scunthorpe who have nothing to play for . No excuses... six points . No excuses.
In current form we won’t get anything v Plymouth and then my two dogs and half blind cat can be rolled out at SJP to beat.
Lot to play for but this mirrors a lot of the end of last season so it’s the play offs for me .

JayPob94

Yes but we have to beat them. A draw will not be enough now. Do you really think that Argyle will play that badly or us so well again?
Honestly.. I’m never confident when we go there. They look to be on form and have some very good players. MT needs his tactics spot on.... oh for a prime Ryan Harley in this team.

irishbrian

Well-known Exeweb poster
A lot of people saying MT needs to take a look at himself, without watching the team regularly it’s hard to judge but I’d assume he’s a strong stubborn character which is mainly good. The goalkeeper situation is strange... I never rated Maxted but ever since his injury things seem to have gone south, surely Ward isn’t THAT bad?

I still think Swindon will win the league, Crewe look solid for 2nd. I genuinely think it’s between us and Argyle for 3rd. We have to beat them on the 23rd.
Your forgetting about Cheltenham who have a game in hand and will lead frog us with a win in their game in hand .
Bowman I think has done his best but we needed a real 20 goal striker

JayPob94

Your forgetting about Cheltenham who have a game in hand and will lead frog us with a win in their game in hand .
Bowman I think has done his best but we needed a real 20 goal striker
Reckon we’d have won the league with a Stockley up top?

Banksy

Very well known Exeweb poster
Maybe MT needs to take a look at himself
The big mistake was our forward recruitment , he must have known the game was up too in the last window but didn’t / couldn’t strengthen then. We can’t kill off games because of the quality of our strike force and other teams have now found us out realising it doesn’t take much to push us over the edge .Don’t think the Plymouth game will bring much respite especially if we continue in the same vein.They will be looking to increase the points gap and as it stands it looks like they are on a roll which will promote them.
As to MT looking at himself , I guess his will be the head on the block if we bottle it again.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
638 'disappointed' Grecians at the Bescot.

east_mid

Well-known Exeweb poster
I know Stevenage were rubbish in our Football League Trophy match,but Taylor should look at the goals we scored against them and how he were set up against them.Bowman and Ajose with Jay in close support. How many times has tried that successful line up? Hardly ever.It's worth a go because what he has tried since hasn't looked convincing.

i8cornwall

Forget the players the blame should fall on the management. The honeymoon period is over - how long have we be crying out for a CF.
Buck has to stop with Taylor agree and he clearly knows that. If we don’t go up this season then for me he has to take us up next season else I’d question if he is the right man to manage us.

I do believe the clubs needs to be asked some very serious questions in the summer about where we are heading, I think that should happen regardless of what league we are in. Sadly I’massively disillusioned with the club but that isn’t anything to do with today.

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong
Ward had an excellent game today. How on earth can you imply that Maxted might be a factor in that defeat. Maxted is not a very good keeper. He let us down to many times in the period he got a first team chance.
Ward had an excellent game ? You plum, how come when we lose you never blame a defeat on the goalie.
Of course Ward had a bad day we lost ! If he had a good day he would have kept 3 goals out of the net.

eurogrecian

Not our day today. Caught cold at the start and pretty awful first half generally. Playing Richardson was a bold move but we saw nothing of him coming forward until the second half and he didn’t look strong enough in defence. Will need to look at our second ‘goal’ again, but it was a shame as we were well on top then.
Still a lot of twist and turns to go this season (who would have thought Swindon would lose at home to the Vegans?), so all to play for.
Talk of MT looking to his position is ludicrous. He’s young and doing a great job. Give him a break.
Yours from the departure lounge at Birmingham International.