• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Walsall v Exeter City matchday thread

Blacky

Oh.
Fecking.
Dear.

irishbrian

Well-known Exeweb poster
I can't work out whether we've been a false position for most of the season and we're now finding our true place, or whether the management and players are bottling it.
Bottling ... look at last year .

Red Devon

Very well known Exeweb poster
Just not good enough completely outplayed in the first half... second half we were a lot better Walsall were the better side though and fully deserved their victory played on a very good pitch.

The latter
Forget the players the blame should fall on the management. The honeymoon period is over - how long have we be crying out for a CF.

crocks

Ward had an excellent game today. How on earth can you imply that Maxted might be a factor in that defeat. Maxted is not a very good keeper. He let us down to many times in the period he got a first team chance.
I wasn't talking just about today's game. The defence is not as solid, not like it was when Maxted was in goal.

Anonymous

Well-known Exeweb poster
darned gutting... Cant help but feel like the ref has robbed us by disallowing that second goal but also got to look at the ourselves. If we want to go up automatically we have to do better. The first half today wasnt good enough. Sort it out Taylorthorpe.

Red faced

Our goal difference is shocking for a team that has been in the top six all season, you have to look below the play=off places to find one worse. it could really cost us, and not enough goals might well be our downfall: we beat the Scummers 4-0 but their goal difference is 12 better than ours
Totally agree with this. At this stage of the season, if you are any good, you should have a pretty decent goal difference. I see it as a real indication as to how good you really have been over a season

Spoonz Red E

We’d be seriously lucky to get the automatics now. I fear the top 3 will keep on winning and we seem to be struggling. The Plymouth game is massive. Matt Taylor must be furious with the players and rightly so.
Swindon lost today.
The season ain't over yet.

JayPob94

A lot of people saying MT needs to take a look at himself, without watching the team regularly it’s hard to judge but I’d assume he’s a strong stubborn character which is mainly good. The goalkeeper situation is strange... I never rated Maxted but ever since his injury things seem to have gone south, surely Ward isn’t THAT bad?

I still think Swindon will win the league, Crewe look solid for 2nd. I genuinely think it’s between us and Argyle for 3rd. We have to beat them on the 23rd.

A lot of people saying MT needs to take a look at himself, without watching the team regularly it’s hard to judge but I’d assume he’s a strong stubborn character which is mainly good. The goalkeeper situation is strange... I never rated Maxted but ever since his injury things seem to have gone south, surely Ward isn’t THAT bad?

I still think Swindon will win the league, Crewe look solid for 2nd. I genuinely think it’s between us and Argyle for 3rd. We have to beat them on the 23rd.
Yes but we have to beat them. A draw will not be enough now. Do you really think that Argyle will play that badly or us so well again?