• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Wagatha Christie - yay or yay?

Colesman Ballz

Very well known Exeweb poster
So I think it's become evident that Vardy leaked the story to her agent who in turn went to the press.

Vardy already admitted it was her agent wot done it. And there was only one feasible way her agent would get the stories.

So I'd imagine it's case closed - it's all blown up in Rebekah's face. I don't know what the ramifications would be (apart from looking like a right tit) - would she have to pay off Colleen's court costs etc?
I read a legal opinion which suggested that any damages were likely to be in the region of a lowish five figure sum, and that it was unlikely that there would be any substantial award of costs. Both these squabbling wannabees are likely to be facing a million pound legal bill, but no doubt they expect their respective hubbies to pick up the tab ! In Wayne's case perhaps he might feel that he would have been better off sticking to Grannies ! :cool:

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
So I'd imagine it's case closed - it's all blown up in Rebekah's face. I don't know what the ramifications would be (apart from looking like a right tit) - would she have to pay off Colleen's court costs etc?
You'd like to think so, but it seems possibly not:

Mr Jinx

You'd like to think so, but it seems possibly not:
Paywall, paywall. What did the article say in essence?

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
Paywall, paywall. What did the article say in essence?
That's odd, there wasn't a paywall when I read the article earlier but, as you say, it seems to be hidden behind one now.

In any case, the crux of the article was that, while Vardy appears very much the villain in all of this, the law requires Colleen to prove it was Rebekah, and not her agent, who leaked the stories to The Sun. Assuming that interpretation is shared by the judge, the case might not be as clearcut as one would hope.

Mr Jinx

That's odd, there wasn't a paywall when I read the article earlier but, as you say, it seems to be hidden behind one now.

In any case, the crux of the article was that, while Vardy appears very much the villain in all of this, the law requires Colleen to prove it was Rebekah, and not her agent, who leaked the stories to The Sun. Assuming that interpretation is shared by the judge, the case might not be as clearcut as one would hope.
The law is an ass isn't it.

It's pretty clear Vardy is at the centre of all this, but yes she could well walk away with significant damages for reputational loss.

It's like Katie Price continually getting off. And Amber Heard's games are becoming all too evident now, not that she'll lose her case in the States either.

Why doesn't Coleen pay for a trawl of the North Sea looking for the smoking gun mobile phone, lolz?

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
One of Colleen's witnesses yesterday was an IT expert who, apparently, rubbished Vardy's claim that she could have inadvertently [as if] deleted her archived WhatsApp messages.

Alistair20000

The law is an ass isn't it.

It's pretty clear Vardy is at the centre of all this, but yes she could well walk away with significant damages for reputational loss.

It's like Katie Price continually getting off. And Amber Heard's games are becoming all too evident now, not that she'll lose her case in the States either.

Why doesn't Coleen pay for a trawl of the North Sea looking for the smoking gun mobile phone, lolz?
M’ Learned Friends don’t believe the law is an ass. They were salivating when the preposterous Vardy rocked up with her narcissistic claim. She can’t even spell Rebecca properly.

Alistair20000

I wonder if the Beak will declare a 0-0 draw ?

This case has informed me of one fact: J Vardy is a toy boy.

Grecian2K

Followed by a fixed penalty shoot-out?

Mr Jinx

This case has informed me of one fact: J Vardy is a toy boy.
The case has informed me of a lot of things. Jamie aside....that his wife is a real piece of work. Colleen on the other hand is fairly down to earth (as wags go). Oh and Wayne Rooney is quickly transforming into Henry VIII. Just needs the ruff and pantaloons and he's there. I always did say - if it wasn't for football, he'd be laying tarmac, so I'm thinking a Tudor Monarch is a much more flattering comparison. And just to think - he'll be in a dugout at City next season! Get those chants ready boys!