• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Vaccine found 90% successful

DB9

Very well known Exeweb poster
Just wondered how it would work attending events after restrictions are eased and if a vaccine passport of some description is introduced. I've seen reports of having something on an app that could be scanned but i thought how would this work at say SJP if only vaccinated people were allowed in?

It isn't possible to have a self scanning machine inserted at turnstiles, nor is their the time or the staff to check everyone entering the ground. How the hell would and could this work?! I've been scratching my head but still no idea how even clubs smaller than us can ensure that only vaccinated people are able to gain entry.

Will this even happen anyway?
It'll be on either the NHS app which you download or the Covid NHS app. Once you've had the vaccine It'll be on your NHS record which in turn will be on your app.

Legohead

Banned
It'll be on either the NHS app which you download or the Covid NHS app. Once you've had the vaccine It'll be on your NHS record which in turn will be on your app.
But how would we get ECFC to know our vaccination status ahead of a match for example? Or if you just wanted to rock up to a non league game at the last minute? I can't see how it would be possible for small organizations to be able to check who is vaccinated and who isn't without either lots of staff to check, or expensive scanning technology.

DB9

But how would we get ECFC to know our vaccination status ahead of a match for example? Or if you just wanted to rock up to a non league game at the last minute? I can't see how it would be possible for small organizations to be able to check who is vaccinated and who isn't without either lots of staff to check, or expensive scanning technology.
I'm not sure but virtually everyone has a smartphone nowadays and perhaps there might be a tick or something in the app showing you've had the vaccine. It wouldn't take much.

Legohead

Banned
I'm not sure but virtually everyone has a smartphone nowadays and perhaps there might be a tick or something in the app showing you've had the vaccine. It wouldn't take much.
I see what you are saying DB9 and i agree but maybe i'm not explaining myself very well. For example, if we play a home game and we have to show the app at the turnstile to prove vaccination status, what i'm saying is that would take forever if each fan physically had to get their phones out to be checked. It would also require many staff to be able to facilitate doing this.

The only way this could be done quickly is if our apps were scanned at the turnstile by a machine to enable us entry.

It's not the showing of the app that is the issue, it's the logistics of how this is done quickly, accurately and cheaply when trying to access a football match / theatre etc.

DB9

I see what you are saying DB9 and i agree but maybe i'm not explaining myself very well. For example, if we play a home game and we have to show the app at the turnstile to prove vaccination status, what i'm saying is that would take forever if each fan physically had to get their phones out to be checked. It would also require many staff to be able to facilitate doing this.

The only way this could be done quickly is if our apps were scanned at the turnstile by a machine to enable us entry.

It's not the showing of the app that is the issue, it's the logistics of how this is done quickly, accurately and cheaply when trying to access a football match / theatre etc.
To be fair mate, In any queue nowadays all you see are people on their phones so that won't be a problem and when fans do finally get back into stadiums there will be rules at the start and things like the turnstiles opening early, limiting numbers in the bar, encouraging people to get there early, it'll be a pain at first but we'll get use to it until the restrictions are eased.

Spoonz Red E

Personally, I hope we don't go down the Covid passport route for domestic events.
Any more than we need a smallpox or a measles app.
There's a valid argument for having a record as regards international travel in the same way as other shots that are needed for some countries.

The objective should be to get Covid down to the status of a manageable disease in this country.
The more vaccinations that are given, the better we get at treating symptoms - all good.

But it's a numbers game for me rather than something more authoritarian person by person.

DB9

Personally, I hope we don't go down the Covid passport route for domestic events.
Any more than we need a smallpox or a measles app.
There's a valid argument for having a record as regards international travel in the same way as other shots that are needed for some countries.

The objective should be to get Covid down to the status of a manageable disease in this country.
The more vaccinations that are given, the better we get at treating symptoms - all good.

But it's a numbers game for me rather than something more authoritarian person by person.
You're probably right Spoonz, Answering Lego's question was a way of how I see it working. Outdoor events like sports, festivals etc will be safe because they're outdoors, It's the indoor ones like concerts, cinema and theatres etc that might insist on some proof at the start, People will be nervous and some sort of proof that you've had the vaccine will give reassurance of those attending, If vaccine passports did happen they would only be around for a short time domestically but as for international travel that is different, The country you want to visit, Either for work or holiday might insist on one and you'll have no choice.

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
I don't read this thread so apologies if you've talked about this but I had the Oxford yesterday. I have to say that it was the least painful injection I've ever had. If any of you have a fear of such things, don't worry it's genuinely a breeze. Really well organised too btw.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
What level of stupidity is this in the Express?

Grecian2K

What level of stupidity is this in the Express?

About par for the course as far as that vile organ is concerned!