• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Vaccine found 90% successful

tavyred

Very well known Exeweb poster
Merkel is age 66, AZ is recommended for the under-65s in Germany (and elsewhere, due to the lack of AZ clinical data for the over 65s).
Real world data now available on the efficacy of the AZ jab Elgy. The French health minister went live on TV yesterday and had the AZ jab so as to encourage take up from a reluctant french public. Thanks to Manny, I fear the damage is done.

elginCity

An issue compounded by a large amount of the other 66% not wanting to have the AZ vaccine. Crazy.
Swiss medical regulator has rejected AZ outright, so it's not only the EU countries.

elginCity

Interesting to read this article about the European anti-vaxx movement from June 2019, long before Covid-19. Particularly the social media effect.

Legohead

Banned
There is an increasing resistance around the world to what people consider the increased uses of pollutants and toxic ingredients. Gluten for example is an indigestible protein that is found in many grain foods. The issue is that these grains are often genetically modified and also that gluten is now banged into anything and everything from gravy to sweets. Essentially, the more natural a diet you have, the less gluten you will ingest. People are simply eating too much gluten because it is in everything and the quality of grains used are as far removed as the original grains used hundreds of years ago.

Pesticides too are massively overused. It's not necessarily really bad if you ingest some chemicals that has been sprayed on your broccoli, but it's more the bioaccumulation over time that these chemicals can cause havoc with health. It's not just one broccoli that you are eating but also many foods each day that have toxins in them.

This didn't happen in the 'olden days' where fruits and veg were grown naturally.

So there has been this movement to reject vaccines based on some people viewing them effectively as pollutants of the body or toxic to the body.

'My body's a temple' said Max to Paddy. :LOL:

I have no idea what the vaccines consist of so cannot have an opinion either way but i definitely wouldn't recommend consulting people on Farcebook and Instasham for advice.

Anyway, as each day passes it is becoming clear that we will all either have the vaccine eventually, and those that don't will have to go and live in a tent in the middle of woods in Alaska or somewhere and live like wild animals. Vaccine passports are inevitable.

My concern is how the proof of vaccine status will be shown. I've heard people going on about apps. I don't DO apps. Lots of people don't either.

Banksy

Merkel is age 66, AZ is recommended for the under-65s in Germany (and elsewhere, due to the lack of AZ clinical data for the over 65s).
Yeah right....

Banksy

An issue compounded by a large amount of the other 66% not wanting to have the AZ vaccine. Crazy.
What are all these characters going to do when they find they’re not welcome anywhere without a vaccination passport? Maybe they’ll join the Flat Earth Society , give them something to do when the rest of us are on holiday.

Grecian2K

What are all these characters going to do when they find they’re not welcome anywhere without a vaccination passport? Maybe they’ll join the Flat Earth Society , give them something to do when the rest of us are on holiday.
It shouldn't worry them too much I would think.
After all they never venture too far in the world in case they fall off the edge.

Legohead

Banned
Apparently the scientists have said that giving priority vaccines to teachers, the police and other key workers is not necessary and they have dismissed it. Maybe they are confident that these people will be unaffected by the virus. Personally i think they should be vaccinated and that Labour (for once) have a suggestion of their own which sounds like it's the right suggestion.

Also, the over 40's are due to be jabbed up by mid April. So that's me. Just concerned as i have to be under anaesthetic in April possibly for surgery and we don't know how this may affect the body if i've also recently had a vaccine.

I'm also confused as to when the 2nd jab is given. What is the official time period the Government have decided upon?

DB9

Apparently the scientists have said that giving priority vaccines to teachers, the police and other key workers is not necessary and they have dismissed it. Maybe they are confident that these people will be unaffected by the virus. Personally i think they should be vaccinated and that Labour (for once) have a suggestion of their own which sounds like it's the right suggestion.

Also, the over 40's are due to be jabbed up by mid April. So that's me. Just concerned as i have to be under anaesthetic in April possibly for surgery and we don't know how this may affect the body if i've also recently had a vaccine.

I'm also confused as to when the 2nd jab is given. What is the official time period the Government have decided upon?
Up to 12 weeks between jabs, As for who get's the jab first i must admit the rate we're going it seems like those that are saying these people or those people should be vaccinated will get their wish sooner anyway with the speed of things, Especialy now they're going to phase 2 with the 40-49 age group already.

Legohead

Banned
Just wondered how it would work attending events after restrictions are eased and if a vaccine passport of some description is introduced. I've seen reports of having something on an app that could be scanned but i thought how would this work at say SJP if only vaccinated people were allowed in?

It isn't possible to have a self scanning machine inserted at turnstiles, nor is their the time or the staff to check everyone entering the ground. How the hell would and could this work?! I've been scratching my head but still no idea how even clubs smaller than us can ensure that only vaccinated people are able to gain entry.

Will this even happen anyway?