• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Vaccine found 90% successful

Spoonz Red E

Very well known Exeweb poster
Rollout starts tomorrow.
Could be a 2 year roller.

Red Devon

Canada have become the second country to approve the Pfizer vaccine today.

dontpassback

It now transpires that if you have severe allergies,then this Pfizer vaccine is best avoided.I am allergic to pennecillin and many years ago had a series of injections with the aim of sorting out my bad hayfever,I was due 12 jabs but after 10 I had a very bad anyphaltic reaction and only the very quick reaction of the doctor at the time stopped a bad episode turning into something worse,so whilst this vaccine will be a god send for a lot of folk,it may not for others,I am not anti vax,but there will be some of us who can’t take it.

DB9

It now transpires that if you have severe allergies,then this Pfizer vaccine is best avoided.I am allergic to pennecillin and many years ago had a series of injections with the aim of sorting out my bad hayfever,I was due 12 jabs but after 10 I had a very bad anyphaltic reaction and only the very quick reaction of the doctor at the time stopped a bad episode turning into something worse,so whilst this vaccine will be a god send for a lot of folk,it may not for others,I am not anti vax,but there will be some of us who can’t take it.
That must be such a pain dont, Glad you were in the right place because of your reaction and the Doctor was there. Unfortunately any medication can have adverse effects on people, Most aren't serious but a few, like in your case turns out to be.

dontpassback

That must be such a pain dont, Glad you were in the right place because of your reaction and the Doctor was there. Unfortunately any medication can have adverse effects on people, Most aren't serious but a few, like in your case turns out to be.
Thanks DB9 ,it was a few years ago,but I have never forgotten it and have avoided jabs ever since,but there is always someone else worse off so in the bigger scheme of things I have a lot to be thankful for

Reactions: DB9

tavyred

Can’t remember where I heard or read it, but I believe the general rule of thumb with virus’s is that 60% of the population taking a vaccine should give the whole country ‘herd immunity’.
That may or may not make people who cannot take the vaccine feel a bit better.

elginCity

If 60% take a vaccine with 60% efficacy (AZ/Oxford) ?

tavyred

If 60% take a vaccine with 60% efficacy (AZ/Oxford) ?
Good point.
Dunno, is my honest answer.
I know the seasonal flu jab often has a similar efficacy some years, and considering a relatively small number actually takes the jab and this seems to give us widespread immunity, perhaps the same might be true with COVID.

Red Devon

RD&E now added to the list of vaccination centres.

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
IBA,

How is your bullishness now ??