• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Vaccine found 90% successful

Legohead

Banned
Deaths are from ANY reason but within 28 days of a positive Covid test. Not all are directly attributed to Covid as the cause of death so this in itself is misleading. The number of ACTUAL deaths as a direct result of Covid is likely to be far lower than the figures they are dishing out on a daily basis.

For example. Someone might get the flu and die as a complication of flu but also happened to test positive for Covid too but be asymptomatic for Covid. In other words, it's the flu that has inflicted the damage, not Covid. Yet Covid will be recorded on the deaths. Has flu mysteriously vanished this year anyway?

Also, someone might be involved in a road accident. Spent a few weeks in hospital, test positive for Covid but eventually die of the injuries sustained from the accident.

If they can't accurately record simple data, for which they've had to revise death numbers in the past due to fiddling them, then it's just another reason to doubt them.

Obviously i'm not saying that Covid isn't a bloody serious issue but as with everything during this pandemic with the media, the deaths have been manipulated to suit an agenda IMO.

Like you said Jinxy, test more people - get more cases. Yet they seem obsessed with case numbers rising.

tavyred

Very well known Exeweb poster
Lego.
COVID is not seasonal flu, it has the capacity to hospitalise (and ergo swamp the NHS) vastly more people than normal flu does.

Mr Jinx

Deaths are from ANY reason but within 28 days of a positive Covid test. Not all are directly attributed to Covid as the cause of death so this in itself is misleading. The number of ACTUAL deaths as a direct result of Covid is likely to be far lower than the figures they are dishing out on a daily basis.

For example. Someone might get the flu and die as a complication of flu but also happened to test positive for Covid too but be asymptomatic for Covid. In other words, it's the flu that has inflicted the damage, not Covid. Yet Covid will be recorded on the deaths. Has flu mysteriously vanished this year anyway?

Also, someone might be involved in a road accident. Spent a few weeks in hospital, test positive for Covid but eventually die of the injuries sustained from the accident.

If they can't accurately record simple data, for which they've had to revise death numbers in the past due to fiddling them, then it's just another reason to doubt them.

Obviously i'm not saying that Covid isn't a bloody serious issue but as with everything during this pandemic with the media, the deaths have been manipulated to suit an agenda IMO.

Like you said Jinxy, test more people - get more cases. Yet they seem obsessed with case numbers rising.
Yes, but the examples you cite will be few. Most people dying of it are 75 and and over, have serious underlying conditions, or both. But you never see that breakdown in the thousand or so dying each day. You really have to dig beneath the covers to find out how many of that thousand were under 60 and without pre-existing health conditions. If they did we'd all find out it's relatively tiny and that would make some people less petrified, and they don't want that happening. Better to keep them all shít scared.

Legohead

Banned
Yes, but the examples you cite will be few. Most people dying of it are 75 and and over, have serious underlying conditions, or both. But you never see that breakdown in the thousand or so dying each day. You really have to dig beneath the covers to find out how many of that thousand were under 60 and without pre-existing health conditions. If they did we'd all find out it's relatively tiny and that would make some people less petrified, and they don't want that happening. Better to keep them all shít scared.
I did read somewhere that someone around Exeter was spraying grafitti on walls around the city with the words 377 (sure this was the number) under 60's dead of Covid. Or something like that. To point out that nearly everybody under 60 who gets Covid will be fine. Anyone have a news report link to this? Or anyone see this? It was a few weeks back.

Also, has flu gone away? What happens to the sick flu patients in ICU? Do they get lumped in with Covid patients and thus get Covid anyway?

Alistair20000

This has been government policy throughout, presumably based on "the science."

Ask people what proportion of the population has died with Covid. I have yet to find one who has suggested as low as 0.15% or thereabouts and we are well into the second cycle of this one now.

Legohead

Banned
Lego.
COVID is not seasonal flu, it has the capacity to hospitalise (and ergo swamp the NHS) vastly more people than normal flu does.
I accept that Tavy.

Legohead

Banned

Ask eople what proportion of the population has died with Covid. I have yet to find one who has suggested 0.15% or thereabouts and we are well into the second cycle of this one now.
Which is why many young people question the need for a vaccine. Why do most people need one if it's mainly the elderly and vulnerable who are mostly affected? This is an argument often trotted out by some and i don't have an answer. It's a fair point.

Mr Jinx

Which is why many young people question the need for a vaccine. Why do most people need one if it's mainly the elderly and vulnerable who are mostly affected? This is an argument often trotted out by some and i don't have an answer. It's a fair point.
Well, the simple answer the young don't need one. Even if they did take a vaccine, it can't stop them spreading it (although the likelihood is reduced).

I'm just wondering at what point the government are going to announce that it's all safe for us to all get on with our lives? What %age of vaccine coverage do they consider it safe?

They're not giving us figures or milestones yet, and the cynic in me senses a carrot and stick approach.

Question to Al: why do you think the French populace are seemingly a lot less scared? They're human too after all and Covid isn't differentiating by nationality as far as I can tell.

Last edited:

elginCity

What motive would a government have for trying to make people "sh1t scared" ? Especially a government that puts such great store on the economy, don't get your thinking.

Mr Jinx

What motive would a government have for trying to make people "sh1t scared" ? Especially a government that puts such great store on the economy, don't get your thinking.
Would've thought that'd be pretty obvious. They're easier to control. A population that largely couldn't give a tinkers are going to see higher rates of infections and therefore higher deaths further down the line. The government don't want that happening and are obviously willing to twist things a bit.