• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Update on the SJP works

Andy Holloway

No one dealing with the weeds?

They're not weeds, just natural flora in possibly the wrong place!

Last edited:

mumbo

£4450 was donated by these Supporter groups towards the installation of the new handrails in the Main Stand.

Huge thanks therefore to .....in no particular order.....

Senior Reds, Supporters' Club, North Devon Grecians, East Devon Grecians Grecian Goal

Exeter City Disabled Supporters Association & The City Legends - ex players lead by Alan Banks.

The handrails are a great improvement & well worth the wait.

Elaine

Benguin

This discussion about the length of the stand seems to have no end.
There is so much mis information I am not surprised though.
The club only received enough enabling money to build what it did,which looks great.
In the future if funds are available it can extend into the triangle with no purchase of Network Rail land required.
It may require permission or at least a surveyors report to confirm the footings do not undermine the adjacent banking,but I repeat,no purchase required.
This is not guess work but as clearly stated in the development FAQ’s at a future stage if funds permit the stand has been
designed in such a way as to enable expansion.
The OG tapered and actually went further towards the Big Bank than the new stand and any extension would have to follow the footprint of the existing land available to the club.
The existing “temporary” facilities in the triangle would then be built into the under croft of any extension.
I am only posting what the club have stated in the past and really don’t want to prolong the agony of this discussion.
Finally,i really congratulate the club on what it has achieved and hope if the discussion goes on people can base their opinions on facts rather than supposition.
Ps I visited the Brentford stadium construction site on work related business recently. This is a site hemmed in on all sides by rail lines and it is impressive what they are building. 2 of the stands taper down to a few rows in the corners to allow for the triangular shape of the site as defined by the rail lines in close proximity. Sound familiar!

richard_portland

Very well known Exeweb poster
Backing Gary Caldwell, thanks Matt and good luck.
Can’t see any mention of the new strikers’ mural alongside the jungle path? Looks fantastic IMO
Someone on Facebook took a picture of the stanno bit, I understand there are several of these? Would be interested to see the images and will look forwards to seeing it in person the next time I am at the park.

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong
Ps I visited the Brentford stadium construction site on work related business recently. This is a site hemmed in on all sides by rail lines and it is impressive what they are building. 2 of the stands taper down to a few rows in the corners to allow for the triangular shape of the site as defined by the rail lines in close proximity. Sound familiar!
The only reason Brentford are having a new stadium is because no one else wanted that bit of land and the building of new houses on their old site, and I see the main constructor of the stand has gone from building them a 20,000 seater stadium to 17,250 before its even properly begun to be built.

Benguin

Correct, but it shows what can be done on difficult sites.
Let me re-iterate, I applaud the club for what they have done and the planning in place for future development should
funds become available.
Just annoyed at the mix information on the topic especially being involved in a small way with several othe recent developments and having some experience.

Benguin

The only reason Brentford are having a new stadium is because no one else wanted that bit of land and the building of new houses on their old site, and I see the main constructor of the stand has gone from building them a 20,000 seater stadium to 17,250 before its even properly begun to be built.
Ps they are also squeezing housing onto the site as well as the ground.

Fareham Grecian

Someone on Facebook took a picture of the stanno bit, I understand there are several of these? Would be interested to see the images and will look forwards to seeing it in person the next time I am at the park.
Dunno if this will work but...

https://twitter.com/officialecfc/status/1043804826864427012?s=21

Mr Jan Yeo

Well-known Exeweb poster
Correct, but it shows what can be done on difficult sites.
With enough money.

Andy Holloway

£4450 was donated by these Supporter groups towards the installation of the new handrails in the Main Stand.

Huge thanks therefore to .....in no particular order.....

Senior Reds, Supporters' Club, North Devon Grecians, East Devon Grecians Grecian Goal

Exeter City Disabled Supporters Association & The City Legends - ex players lead by Alan Banks.

The handrails are a great improvement & well worth the wait.

Elaine
Hear, hear, it looked really impressive from the BB and i'm sure they are very welcome by those in need, as of course has already been recorded on Exeweb.