• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Update on the SJP works

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
Please see previous conversations about the new changing rooms under the Doble for reference to size! :)
Please read my post properly. As far as I recall the concerns about the changing rooms were all about height. I presume that you would require more room to cater for 1600 supporters than 25 players and staff.

Andy Holloway

I think that you two are talking about different sides of the ground.

As far as i can ascertain, SRJ is talking about the area underneath the NEW OG, whereas H-r is talking about the NEW changing rooms and therefore the Main Grandstand/Doble/Cowshed whatever it's called this week!

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
I think that you two are talking about different sides of the ground.

As far as i can ascertain, SRJ is talking about the area underneath the NEW OG, whereas H-r is talking about the NEW changing rooms and therefore the Main Grandstand/Doble/Cowshed whatever it's called this week!
I was doing a comparison. Both look bigger than any photograph suggest!

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
Please read my post properly. As far as I recall the concerns about the changing rooms were all about height. I presume that you would require more room to cater for 1600 supporters than 25 players and staff.
There is plenty of height in the new changing rooms. They are a bit more cramped in floor plan than ideal, but 1000% better than the old ones.

Grecian2K

Very well known Exeweb poster
That new stand looks small
But enough about what Mrs Credy said to you last time you managed to get a bit "excited"

The new (and cost free) erection on Well Street looks reasonably satisfactory to me.

(Or, to purloin your usual riposte of choice...WoW(s) )

Andy Holloway

Plenty of noticeable progress in the Redevelopment;
The strengthening bars for the roof etc are almost finished, the cladders start in about a week or so and should be 4/5 weeks.
The reinforcing mesh is in place under the grandstand and pouring of concrete starts next week, once that is set it's then start on the block work.
Outside scaffolding goes up next week.
The old 'Jungle Path' tarmac has been removed ready for a new surface to be laid.
The St James Rd/Well St corner is being tidied up and the pavement sorted.

And 'what is paying for it' is progressing well with the steel frames increasing by the minute.

All in all for those who are gonig to watch the World Cup at SJP in 'the Fan Zone' then you'll see major changes at the first game and game on game - through to the final! - advancements every time.

Hants-red will be posting some photos later.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
First up, the bit that is paying for al this development work

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
The grass really is greener at SJP!

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member

Spoonz Red E

Very well known Exeweb poster
Good to see a 'wind break' end panel on the new stand. Shame we never had them on the Main Stand. A future project perhaps?