• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Update on the SJP works

Anonymous

Well-known Exeweb poster
Could we plant primroses along the side of the triangle?

norfolk_exile

iscalad

Very well known Exeweb poster
Primroses are planted on the memorial garden. These are from stock that used to be on the cowshed bank.

Andy Holloway

So far there is no definite plan for the landscaping of the Triangle, it'll depend on how much spare space there is once all the, much needed, infrastructure for the BB is finished.

As Iscalad says, there are already Primroses planted in the Memorial Garden that came from stock from the old Cowshed bank ones.

The downside of planting Primroses as solidity items in a garden are that they are only 'pleasing on the eye' for a matter of 6/8 weeks in March & April, the rest of the year they are fairly plain green plants. So they need to be planted as part of a mixed planting plan, which then needs to be in a reasonably sized area.
But, if possible and if economically manageable, we will request ECFC to agree to a bit of the Triangle being used as a some form of garden.

Mr Jan Yeo

Well-known Exeweb poster
I've read a few blogs of people who've done 'the 92' and they all lament the lost city centre grounds and atmospheres of the lower leagues.
True. However there are a good number of people (many of them that probably lament the 'lost atmosphere') that also bemoan poor facilities and label grounds like SJP a s***hole.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong
Looking at those pics Hants there doesn't seem to be as much space at the front as I thought there was going to be.

Pitch is coming along nicely aswell.

UTC.

IndoMike

Looking at those pics Hants there doesn't seem to be as much space at the front as I thought there was going to be.

Pitch is coming along nicely aswell.

UTC.
It's looking good, though. In the end the OG no matter how much we loved it was looking like something straight out of The Exorcist

Grecian2K

It's looking good, though. In the end the OG no matter how much we loved it was looking like something straight out of The Exorcist
It was still better than the (unused) "Harry Potter* Memorial Stand" at La Parc des Gnomes which, even now, looks like something out of The Adams Family.

*Although, if it ever, finally gets renovated perhaps they should rename it PorkWarts, in honour of the Head of the Gr**n Stasi

IndoMike

It was still better than the (unused) "Harry Potter* Memorial Stand" at La Parc des Gnomes which, even now, looks like something out of The Adams Family.

*Although, if it ever, finally gets renovated perhaps they should rename it PorkWarts, in honour of the Head of the Gr**n Stasi
Hehe. I'll give you that