• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Update on the SJP works

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong

Grecian Max

Very well known Exeweb poster
That looks ridiculous , Glad we didn't try that.
It's a classic stand! I loved The Dell. Went a couple of times when I was a kid. The atmosphere was enhanced by building that rather than having a gap. The whole ground was much preferable (to me) than St Mary's, which I've also been too... lacks any soul.

Stelios

It's a classic stand! I loved The Dell. Went a couple of times when I was a kid. The atmosphere was enhanced by building that rather than having a gap. The whole ground was much preferable (to me) than St Mary's, which I've also been too... lacks any soul.
Deffo think no gap is preferable to a gap. Keeps the atmosphere (and balls) in the ground. Paint it and stick a big Vospers sign on it.

Antony Moxey

Max, not having a go or owt, but do any modern stadiums have any soul for you? It’s something you seem to mention every time you mention a new ground. As I say, not trying to be funny, just interested. You mentioned Wembley but I have to say the noise when Coventry scored was mightily impressive and had we matched their numbers I’m sure the atmosphere would have been more like what you hope for.

Oldsmobile-88

On the subject of new grounds(having any ‘soul’ ) my favourites are Huddersfield & MK Dons,many hate Stadium MK purely because of the history of the teams inception into the FL.It is a fantastic stadium.
Huddersfield’s is great because it was built only about 500m from the former Leeds Rd ground & it’s NOT all enclosed...

Love it that SJP revamped will have a few gaps,adds to the quirkyness of the ground.

Last edited:

denzel

From GL Events on Twitter, is this going to start a debate on how much space there is under the new grandstand? :)

https://twitter.com/gleventsuk/status/1001750610650296321
Apologies as I'm sure this has been asked dozens of times, but are there changing rooms under the stand?

Oldsmobile-88

Apologies as I'm sure this has been asked dozens of times, but are there changing rooms under the stand?
No...A bar is planned for under the new stand..

Saint James

Denzel, why after spending a considerable amount moving them to the Doble would the club move them back to the new OG?

denzel

Denzel, why after spending a considerable amount moving them to the Doble would the club move them back to the new OG?
Additional changing rooms for the option of hosting multiple events?

Saint James

Additional changing rooms for the option of hosting multiple events?
If SJP had a 4g pitch that may make sense. However :)