• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Unhappy endings

Corey

If we keep Deano for another year does that qualify him for a testimonial? That would be 10 years overall I think....

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
I think Deano brings so much on and off the pitch to the squad and is definitely worthy of another 12 months.
Totally agree.

Moomin Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
I think Matt said there’s 7 players out of contract?...I wonder if they are:

Woodman, Moxey, Law, Holmes, Warren and both Martins? If so, I bet their combined wages are very high. Sadly I can see a few leaving when we normally would have kept them. Agree that Woodman May get a job in our coaching setup. Holmes and Warren will probably leave as they’ve hardly played anyway.

Losing Law and A Martin would be a big blow but they may have better options so wouldn’t blame them

Boyo

Woodman, Moxey, Law, Holmes, Warren and both Martins? If so, I bet their combined wages are very high. Sadly I can see a few leaving when we normally would have kept them. Agree that Woodman May get a job in our coaching setup. Holmes and Warren will probably leave as they’ve hardly played anyway.

Losing Law and A Martin would be a big blow but they may have better options so wouldn’t blame them
It's difficult to see us offering any new contracts! Suspect that there will be many, many players without Clubs come 1st August.

benjisheps

Nicky Law is under contract.
The one’s definitely out of contract are:
Warren
Woodman
Moxey
Fisher
Holmes

And then it is two from L.Martin, A.Martin or Brennan Dickenson.

I would agree that I would be happy with Delano staying for one more year on reduced terms.

LOG

Very well known Exeweb poster
I'm pretty sure Law isn't out of contract this year. I think the other one who is, is Fisher.

Not sure about the situation with Dickenson either.

Moomin Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Nicky Law is under contract.
The one’s definitely out of contract are:
Warren
Woodman
Moxey
Fisher
Holmes

And then it is two from L.Martin, A.Martin or Brennan Dickenson.

I would agree that I would be happy with Delano staying for one more year on reduced terms.
Ah that’s good news re Law’s contract. I assumed he’d signed a 2 year deal when he joined, but perhaps it was a 3 year deal, or he’s since signed a new one?

Out of those 5 definites, I would only really want to retain Moxey. Holmes is sadly ruined by injury and despite seeing glimpses, I’m not sure Fisher will get much game time and I’d prefer Seymour gets more opportunities.

Dickenson is one I’d love to keep but not the end of the world if he goes as Sparkes will be raring to go I’m sure.

andrew p long

I'm pretty sure Law isn't out of contract this year. I think the other one who is, is Fisher.

Not sure about the situation with Dickenson either.
I think Dickenson’s position is a bit tricky to put into a category. It was reported that he had signed a ‘short term’ contract (presumably just for this season). But there was an option,presumably for ECFC, for another season. So he is out of contract in the sense that City could release him ...but...

and I suspect the correct and eventual answer will be a new contract, but at lower wages than last season.

Alistair20000

It's difficult to see us offering any new contracts! Suspect that there will be many, many players without Clubs come 1st August.
Sadly, yes. :(