• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Unhappy endings

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
Was just thinking, if, as seems likely, this season is over, then there are going to be one or two Grecian stalwarts who will have played their last game for the club and who we won't have the opportunity to bid a fond farewell. :-(

ryancooper327

Big send off first game of ‘next’ season should hopefully sort that.

Rosencrantz

Very well known Exeweb poster
Testimonials have seemed to have gone out of fashion (not often you get anyone staying ten years nowadays) and the amounts earned these days might not make them as important or as well supported to make much of a difference. Not least as attracting an opponent that will attract a few thousand are in short supply.

Having said that, we always miss out on saying goodbye to most of our players that are released or transferred.

DB9

Saying goodbye is all done via Social Media nowadays, You have chance then to say it through their Twitter/Facebook pages and normally someone will link it on here for others too on a dedicated thread to that player or players

Red Devon

Wouldn’t be surprised to see Woody take up some sort of role within the academy if he is to hang his boots up.

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
Saying goodbye is all done via Social Media nowadays, You have chance then to say it through their Twitter/Facebook pages and normally someone will link it on here for others too on a dedicated thread to that player or players
Appreciate that, but just imagine we never see Deano in a City shirt again – I'd be sad, as I imagine would he, not to see him on the hallowed turf one last time.

Red Devon

Moxey has at least another year in him yet.

Boyo

Moxey has at least another year in him yet.
Not on his current salary he hasn't. Before Ajose signed he was just about the top earner.

Red Devon

Not on his current salary he hasn't. Before Ajose signed he was just about the top earner.
I think his three year deal is now up and was thinking along the lines of a new 12 month contract on reduced terms.

Dannyred

Appreciate that, but just imagine we never see Deano in a City shirt again – I'd be sad, as I imagine would he, not to see him on the hallowed turf one last time.
I think Deano brings so much on and off the pitch to the squad and is definitely worthy of another 12 months.