• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Under appreciated City Players

Grecian Max

Very well known Exeweb poster
Graeme Power. Had the odd howler but generally solid.
No way hahahaha

Grecian Max

I liked Kwame Ampadu. Tidy, and when relegated very classy for the Conference. Inevitably called a crab.

Grecian Max

Steve Tully, Aaron Davies, John O’Flynn, Ryan Bowman, Scot Bennett, Tom Nichols, Marcus Stewart etc etc all fit into the under appreciated category (by some) in my opinion.
Stewart was terrible

ecfc2000

I don't think any of us appreciated how bad he really could be. :rolleyes:
So bad he played 171 games for us :ROFLMAO:

Alistair20000

Les Afful ?

grecIAN Harris

So bad he played 171 games for us :ROFLMAO:
I think the phrase you're looking for is appeared. Sometimes beggars can't be choosers. The five years he was with lead ultimately to us losing our position in the league.

grecIAN Harris

Les Afful ?
Really??? At least give us some kind of reasoning rather than just a name that leaves us looking at the computer in complete bewilderment.

gilbertshoot

Stewart was terrible
Have to agree there. Never really looked like he put in a shift. Undoubtedly talented and effective in his day, just not for us IMHO.
Considering the thread's title could I offer Stuart Storey from the 90s. Flying winger who could scare the crap out of the opposition. Think we could/should have made more out of him. Part of the team that turned over the six fingered shoeless ones 3-0 at gnome park under Bally. Magic.

elginCity

Neither long servants of the club, but Basham and Ribeiro were quality, and both were under appreciated IMO.

Rosencrantz

Stewart was terrible
He was so bad he started 35 games in a promotion season for us, only four players started more. We must have had an incredible side to get promoted playing so many games with a terrible player 😉. I'm not saying he was player of the season or anything but he played his part in a team/squad that got promoted largely down to a collective effort rather than any outstanding individuals.