Under appreciated City Players

Rosencrantz

Well-known Exeweb poster
SEA that's a brave addition to the thread
It is. I always felt that Tilly was the ultimate pro. You always knew what you were going to get and it generally is a job that doesn't get credit. But you always thought that for City to progress, we needed something more in that defensive midfield position in terms of passing. For me, Tilly is a couple of inches and half a stone away from being a really good centre back. Scot Bennett is probably the same and Will Dean who I thought was unlucky.

If anything, it should make JMT, who could easily have fallen into the same physical conundrum, more appreciated for what he did for us on the pitch.

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
Jake Caprice. Taking one for the team by selflessly doing his level best and playing right out of position until a proper LB or LWB takes over. I, for one, groan when he cuts back onto his right foot but appreciate what he's being asked to do.

grecIAN Harris

Very well known Exeweb poster
How can you put Steve Tully down as under appreciated when the world and dog knew what they were going to get from him, 100% commitment, never say die attitude regardless, tenacious in the tackle and always with a big grin on his chops whilst never being technically the most gifted. Tulls might have been a lot of things but under appreciated????? Never!!!

jrg333

For me, Tilly is a couple of inches and half a stone away from being a really good centre back.
...which left him plying his trade as a midfielder with no first touch or passing ability. Under-rated? Tillson would never have been given a contract at a league club without his dad's influence. There are better midfielders (including defensive midfielders) playing part-time up and down the country.

Pobbop

...which left him plying his trade as a midfielder with no first touch or passing ability. Under-rated? Tillson would never have been given a contract at a league club without his dad's influence. There are better midfielders (including defensive midfielders) playing part-time up and down the country.
I don't particularly think he's under-appreciated, about right, but this post is errant nonsense, no-one plays as many matches in football League and Scots Premiership just through nepotism.

For me the most unfairly vilified City player of recent vintage would be David Noble (as others have already mentioned).

One of the bravest footballers I've seen in a City shirt. By that I mean he always played by his principles - looking for the ball, offering himself to the keeper, back four or at throw-ins, and then looked to pass (not hoof) the ball. He'd be the same whether we were winning and on top, or whether we were behind and the crowd was on his back.

He'd never hide and I liked his style...on the pitch.

C j phill

I don't particularly think he's under-appreciated, about right, but this post is errant nonsense, no-one plays as many matches in football League and Scots Premiership just through nepotism.
When he first got in to the first team, I thought he looked a good prospect, with potential to move on to a bigger team.

Unfortunately, towards the end of his time with City, it looked to me as if his confidence was shot, which was a shame for him and us.