• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

UK Lockdown

Oldsmobile-88

Very well known Exeweb poster
It's a long way by train! Though I think Palin has done it.
Just checked the rail fare from Exeter to Inverness..£393 for the same time that I checked the air fares to LA.😮
Even with a rail card it’s around £265....I can drive there & back for £160 even with unleaded petrol touching £5.70 a gallon.
A hybrid too,before anyone challenges me about emissions 😁😎

DB9

Just checked the rail fare from Exeter to Inverness..£393 for the same time that I checked the air fares to LA.😮
Even with a rail card it’s around £265....I can drive there & back for £160 even with unleaded petrol touching £5.70 a gallon.
A hybrid too,before anyone challenges me about emissions 😁😎
Can undrstand this Old, Went to Dunfermline a while back, drove up there (7.5hrs) On the journey back i took a train to Edinbourgh Airport, Flew back to Gatwick then train to Eastleigh all for £87, The same Journey via the train was £197, No competition really.

dontpassback

Deary me.

The US Food and Drug Agency (FDA) has raised significant concerns about the rapid Covid test on which the UK government has based its multibillion-pound mass testing programme.

In a scathing review, the US health agency suggested the performance of the test had not been established, presenting a risk to health, and that the tests should be thrown in the bin or returned to the California-based manufacturer Innova.
Well,surprise,surprise!

IndoMike

According to the Torygraph unlocking on June 21 has definitely been postponed
I await the furious reaction from our most renowned Freedom Fighter, Lord Ali of Tedburn, and his rants about Prof Ferguson and other related scientists . 🙄

dontpassback

Another word for modelling is guess !

nick_exmouth

I'm off there on Sunday!
Well at least I get a full refund if fewer than 15 overs played. Hoping they put the football on the big screen after

So annoyed how crap this team is!!

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Looks like the four-week extension has been signed off and the Prime Minister will announce this at his press conference at 6pm this evening :(

Oldsmobile-88

Looks like the four-week extension has been signed off and the Prime Minister will announce this at his press conference at 6pm this evening :(
Yep.

Poor governance(surprise,surprise) allowing 10,000+ to fly to the Sub Continent in late March/early April when we were told International Travel was only for business or dire family issues.Then allowing a nice period of grace to get back with the infection when India finally went on the red list.
Little wonder we are in this situation now when we should all be getting back to normal next week.

Alistair20000

No surprise if true.

The Torygraph says he will be urging the Public to bear just a little more pain, for just a little bit longer, one last final push etc.

What happened to the normal Christmas, Easter and Summer that you promised Bunter ?

Johnson is a prisoner of the "modellers" who will now be cooking up something else for mid July to advise yet "more caution"

Alistair20000

Yep.

Poor governance(surprise,surprise) allowing 10,000+ to fly to the Sub Continent in late March/early April when we were told International Travel was only for business or dire family issues.Then allowing a nice period of grace to get back with the infection when India finally went on the red list.
Little wonder we are in this situation now when we should all be getting back to normal next week.
In addition why was the G7 not carried out by Zoom ? The organised photo shoots with the assorted leaders/buffoons carefully socially distanced was not matched by less formal pictures of them cosied up together. Anyone for a beach BBQ ?