• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

UK Lockdown

Alistair20000

Very well known Exeweb poster
"Hands, Face, Space, Fresh Air and Feck everything else".

Stick that on a bus you buffoon.

And do we have an official oppositon prepared to stand up against this turd?

Absolutely nothing to do with controlling rates but power crazed jackasses in their cozy taxpayer funded home offices "strategizing" over Zoom at the latest means of suppressing a meek populus.
We need to collectively rear up but it won't happen.

We is fooked. :(

Good piece from Sumption in the Torygraph today.

dontpassback

Noticing on the Motorways the signs now say "Minimise Travel" Well left Eastleigh at 4.30am, Am now just south of Carlisle with the destination of Dunfermline, Not bad for "Minimise Travel " 😄
I have long since given up on taking notice of advisory signs (unless it tells of hazards or accidents etc)but stuff like stay home,minimise travel,etc etc don’t really make me sit up and note(I am a key worker so travel is my job)but the constant nanny state instructions are wearing a bit thin

DB9

I have long since given up on taking notice of advisory signs (unless it tells of hazards or accidents etc)but stuff like stay home,minimise travel,etc etc don’t really make me sit up and note(I am a key worker so travel is my job)but the constant nanny state instructions are wearing a bit thin
Same here, I go up and down the UK for work, Was asked by some old lady at a service station if my drive was necessary, I just said "is yours?" Off she scuttled.

Last edited:

Oldsmobile-88

Not much Social Distancing & no groups of more than 6 in the land of the Red Hand from what I saw on News at 10....Good to see they were wearing their masks though 😎

IndoMike

We need to collectively rear up but it won't happen.

We is fooked. :(

Good piece from Sumption in the Torygraph today.
You're not allowed to rear up in Englaland any more : maximum 10-year stay at Her Majesty's pleasure.
Although I agree with lockdown if the scientists recommend it, I did warn you
2 years ago that Johnson and his cohorts were an incompetent rabble of chancers.....but you just wouldn't listen...
Sigh. ..
Too late to complain now that the horse has bolted. Sigh. This is the problem when you're reactionary rather than visionary.

OmanGrecian

Getting my first shot of Astra on Monday. Hoping to be next home in June for a trip on the Norfolk Broads so will be fully vaccinated by then (fingers crossed).

Italy still has a high number of deaths per day as it looks like they are trying to vaccinate all health officials and teachers first, meaning the elderly still remain vulnerable. It is mandatory for health officials to have the vaccine. If they reject it, they have to find work elsewhere.

DB9

Getting my first shot of Astra on Monday. Hoping to be next home in June for a trip on the Norfolk Broads so will be fully vaccinated by then (fingers crossed).

Italy still has a high number of deaths per day as it looks like they are trying to vaccinate all health officials and teachers first, meaning the elderly still remain vulnerable. It is mandatory for health officials to have the vaccine. If they reject it, they have to find work elsewhere.
Brave move by the Italian Government, Here this was suggested a month or so back and was met with not exactly enthusiasm, Just be ready for a 12-18 hrs of feeling a bit crap when you've had the jab, Fingers Crossed you get the Broads holiday. (y)

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Only 75% of care home workers have been vaccinated. No idea why the rest won't.

InTheBigBank

Resigned
Only 75% of care home workers have been vaccinated. No idea why the rest won't.
Quite likely they have been infected already so now have natural immunity.

InTheBigBank

Resigned
The ECB guidance still hasn't come out but the FA guidance has.

You cannot spectate at a grassroots football match still - outdoors - unless it is in a public park. If it is on 'private land' you can't. Seriously, someone in the DCMS has written this nonsense and the Dept of Health has approved it.

Cricket wise, if they follow the same thing, you are allowed to open your bar - outside - but you are not allowed to 'spectate' and watch the cricket. It is way beyond any form of rational sense.

"Return to normal". Hahahahahaha
You will find this article eye opening.

Outdoor transmission accounts for 0.1% of State’s Covid-19 cases (irishtimes.com)