• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

UK Lockdown

MJP_Exeter

Well-known Exeweb poster
I agree.
As I implied in my unanswered post, I don't think there is any reason to doubt the advice or sincerity of the scientists. I can't imagine they have a hidden agenda. We are not experts, so the only thing we can do is follow their advice, like it or not
Exactly. As an NHS worker if 10 years I can tell you that this last year has been the stuff of nightmares n the sooner we see it off the better but running before you can walk will only smash the NHS.

Its just a shame that it's taken 4 times before the government listened.

DB9

Very well known Exeweb poster
There really are some fucktards around, This is Vaccine (Sort of) Lockdown (Sort of) and definatly really, really annoying!!! :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Contradictions Part MCXII. Cricket clubs will not be allowed to provide outdoor hospitality, and take in much needed revenue. Meanwhile the pub up the road will be able to do so.

DB9

Noticing on the Motorways the signs now say "Minimise Travel" Well left Eastleigh at 4.30am, Am now just south of Carlisle with the destination of Dunfermline, Not bad for "Minimise Travel " 😄

DB9

Contradictions Part MCXII. Cricket clubs will not be allowed to provide outdoor hospitality, and take in much needed revenue. Meanwhile the pub up the road will be able to do so.
How can you not have a sarnie and cuppa watching cricket???

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
How can you not have a sarnie and cuppa watching cricket???
The joy of watching local cricket complete with picnic basket.

DB9

The joy of watching local cricket complete with picnic basket.
Homemade cakes etc from the wives of the cricketers is what it's all about, Plus as you say they make a few quid.

RedPaul

Well-known Exeweb poster
The ECB guidance still hasn't come out but the FA guidance has.

You cannot spectate at a grassroots football match still - outdoors - unless it is in a public park. If it is on 'private land' you can't. Seriously, someone in the DCMS has written this nonsense and the Dept of Health has approved it.

Cricket wise, if they follow the same thing, you are allowed to open your bar - outside - but you are not allowed to 'spectate' and watch the cricket. It is way beyond any form of rational sense.

"Return to normal". Hahahahahaha

Alistair20000

The ECB guidance still hasn't come out but the FA guidance has.

You cannot spectate at a grassroots football match still - outdoors - unless it is in a public park. If it is on 'private land' you can't. Seriously, someone in the DCMS has written this nonsense and the Dept of Health has approved it.

Cricket wise, if they follow the same thing, you are allowed to open your bar - outside - but you are not allowed to 'spectate' and watch the cricket. It is way beyond any form of rational sense.

"Return to normal". Hahahahahaha
We are governed by half wits and f*ckwits :mad:

You really could not make this turd up.

BTW, have you noticed that The Great Blatherer now refers to "a semblance of normality" ? I really do wish he would feck off and spend more time with his young family.

RedPaul

Well-known Exeweb poster
We are governed by half wits and f*ckwits :mad:

You really could not make this turd up.

BTW, have you noticed that The Great Blatherer now refers to "a semblance of normality" ? I really do wish he would feck off and spend more time with his young family.
"Hands, Face, Space, Fresh Air and Feck everything else".

Stick that on a bus you buffoon.

And do we have an official oppositon prepared to stand up against this turd?

Absolutely nothing to do with controlling rates but power crazed jackasses in their cozy taxpayer funded home offices "strategizing" over Zoom at the latest means of suppressing a meek populus.