• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

UK Lockdown

Alistair20000

Very well known Exeweb poster
Did anyone else think that the length of this extension (despite all the confident talk about the end of lockdown) suggests that the "promised" June 21st freedeom is just yet more pie in the sky?
Every “promise” to date has been broken and every other day the scientists and professors wring their hands and tell us they are very worried and seriously concerned about something or other that may rock up.

Legohead

Banned
TBH i think once the sunshine arrives and most people have been vaccinated, the Tories will literally have to get the army in to enforce restrictions such as mixing etc because it ain't happening anymore. Rightly so.

Legohead

Banned
Mad scenes in Glasgow though with Rangers winning the title. Refreshing to see.

OmanGrecian

Home curfew for me 24 hours a day until 6th April from tomorrow. My region has been declared a red zone. Can only go out the house with a piece of paper stating why I am out. So, just work and food shopping for me.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Home curfew for me 24 hours a day until 6th April from tomorrow. My region has been declared a red zone. Can only go out the house with a piece of paper stating why I am out. So, just work and food shopping for me.
Opened up too early?

Snakebite

Well-known Exeweb poster
The eldest went back to school this morning, a slice of normality returning.. or so you’d think.
Nursery informed us yesterday that the younger one now needs to self isolate for 10 days due to a positive case in her room. So we’re back to working and parenting in parallel just as we thought it would end.

It feels like this nonsense is never going to bloody end.

Alistair20000

Very well known Exeweb poster
Your feelings might be a correct prediction.

OmanGrecian

Opened up too early?
Perhaps. It's the UK variant that is running amok here, accounting for 54% of the cases. It's the youngsters that are now catching it, at a higher rate than the elderly. The vaccines are very slow in coming here too.

Legohead

Banned
The eldest went back to school this morning, a slice of normality returning.. or so you’d think.
Nursery informed us yesterday that the younger one now needs to self isolate for 10 days due to a positive case in her room. So we’re back to working and parenting in parallel just as we thought it would end.

Oh no! You must be pulling your hair out Snakebite. That is just typical isn't it and the kind of thing that would happen to me. I'm concerned about the testing too as i don't want my daughter having to be off school again after 3 months off. Hopefully the 10 days will feel as though they go by quicker for you and your kid.

Agree though. It's total nonsense.

I'm concerned about the moral pressure on my kid about wearing masks in class. I'm interested to find out how many in class wear masks despite the school saying it's optional. I anticipate most to be wearing them and she'll then feel like the odd one out and want to wear one to conform. Then that opens up another can of worms.

I have told her that in no circumstances must she wear a mask during lessons no matter who or how many choose to do so.

Snakebite

Well-known Exeweb poster
In the nicest possible way I was looking forward to a bit of peace and quiet and the ability to concentrate on work.
I think she’ll cope but being 3 it means she demands more attention than the elder one (5).

I am however glad they’re this age and not older where mask wearing is a consideration, I sympathise with you.