• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

UK Lockdown

Rosencrantz

Very well known Exeweb poster
Pensions for public service employees were altered around 5 years ago iirc(if under 50 iirc)

They went from Final Salary to Career Average which I believe is not so costly,but of course not quite as good as FS (perhaps one of the financial gurus on here can confirm ?)
It changed as you described for HMRC employees in 2015, I know that as I have one month's worth of the new pension before I left.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
A few chums I knew in DEFRA got out at that point

tavyred

Yep.
I got put on a CARE scheme in 2015, all was not lost though as the Cabinet Office screwed up and those of us of a certain age were returned to our old scheme recently as it was deemed by a Judge that it was age discrimination to move us to a new scheme so close to our retirements.

Legohead

Banned
Covid: UK must prepare for 'hard winter' of flu - expert - BBC News

I expect a full lockdown then if this is the case! Nothing else will suffice. We can't be having people dying of the flu now can we?! ;)

Alistair20000

I am fully expecting Lockdowns, circuit breakers, firebreaks, dampeners, inhibitors and whatever other words can be dreamed up to feature each winter now as the inevitable viral diseases rock up.

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
I am fully expecting Lockdowns, circuit breakers, firebreaks, dampeners, inhibitors and whatever other words can be dreamed up to feature each winter now as the inevitable viral diseases rock up.
Never ending furlough then ?? :sick:

Alistair20000

Never ending furlough then ?? :sick:
As the scheme is extended until the end of September Dishy may as well go on a few more months as the viral cases will kick off again in the autumn

Spoonz Red E

I've noticed in today's reports about the rapid Covid tests for schools they pose the question 'how accurate are the tests' to then answer "only 1 test in a thousand gives a false positive"
This is a great stat until you realise that the more pertinent accuracy question would be to ask how many false negatives there are per one thousand tests.

:unsure:

Grecian2K

As the scheme is extended until the end of September Dishy may as well go on a few more months as the viral cases will kick off again in the autumn
Did anyone else think that the length of this extension (despite all the confident talk about the end of lockdown) suggests that the "promised" June 21st freedeom is just yet more pie in the sky?

dontpassback

Did anyone else think that the length of this extension (despite all the confident talk about the end of lockdown) suggests that the "promised" June 21st freedeom is just yet more pie in the sky?
Unfortunately the days of believing anything these experts and the government are long since gone !