• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

UK Lockdown

DB9

Very well known Exeweb poster
I fear the U.K. is going to blamed for all the variants as our world leading genome sequencing capability means it’s mainly us that identifies the variants. 🙄
Even when the person with a new variant, Has never traveled, No contact with a foreigner etc, Couldn't possibly started in the country itself. 🙄

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
Has anyone got Monkeypox ??

RedPaul

Well-known Exeweb poster
Has to be congratulating that the vaccine doses given out has past the 2.5m mark already but there's a long way to go and hopefully manufacture (Government can't do anything about that) will keep up with demand and I'm hopeful now the army are involved distribution will keep on top of things but it needs to be kept an eye on, This is our "Passport to normality" So far, So good. 👍
Apparently over 3 million now. 10% of the world's dosage.
To paraphrase Williamson, this Brazilian variant can 'go away and shut up'

elginCity

This partial vaccination strategy is a concern re potential new vaccine resistant strain. Guessing UK is the world's voluntary guinea pig.

English super variant and now Brazilian super-duper variant, just shows how mutations occur when it's allowed to spread unchecked.

DB9

This partial vaccination strategy is a concern re potential new vaccine resistant strain. Guessing UK is the world's voluntary guinea pig.

English super variant and now Brazilian super-duper variant, just shows how mutations occur when it's allowed to spread unchecked.
Check out JVT's interview on LBC this morning, A very reassuring one, He didn't sugar coat it. Just the facts and about the vaccine and variants.

Mr Jinx

English super variant and now Brazilian super-duper variant, just shows how mutations occur
Yep, welcome to an influenza virus. There is a reason it's not been cured yet and the best strategy there's been up to now is nothing more than whack-a-mole. The current vaccines being touted will still only fit that mould unfortunately.

DB9

And now just released, A record amount of people waiting for non Covid operations/ treatments, Over 4m with over 160k having to wait over a year! Huge impact this virus is having, One that will take years to catch up with, Still think it'll be all history in a few years and people would have moved on?

elginCity

Huge impact this virus is having....
That's with the virus being suppressed, imagine how many cancelled operations/treatment had we not locked down loosely 3 times.

DB9

That's with the virus being suppressed, imagine how many cancelled operations/treatment had we not locked down loosely 3 times.
Hate to think!

Mr Jinx

And we wonder why this thing continues to spread! Seen this morning:

No doubt Sadiq Khan's tube service reduction measures played a part. And there was me worrying that someone encroached my 2 metre personal space during my quick 5 min sprint to Sainsbury's last night!