• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

UK Lockdown

Mr Jinx

Very well known Exeweb poster
Sadly lots of evidence for that but vaccine roll out seems to going reasonably well so far; better than in lots of the rest of Europe.
Indeed, but I'm sceptical of the Feb 15th deadline; I doubt it'll be reached. My father (80) and wife (vulnerable) have 4 and a bit weeks to go. Both still heard nothing.

Alistair20000

Indeed, but I'm sceptical of the Feb 15th deadline; I doubt it'll be reached. My father (80) and wife (vulnerable) have 4 and a bit weeks to go. Both still heard nothing.
Lots of scope for things to go wrong so keeping everything crossed here.

Hancock (To55er) was too optimistic the other day and seems to be sending out confused and mixed messages since.

IndoMike

"Supply of the vaccine is the rate-limiting factor and we have to make sure that the vaccine is distributed to everybody, in the first instance over the age of 80 and then over the age of 70, by 15 February, so we’re on track,” he told BBC Radio 4’s Today programme".

Not sure if the above is in addition to health workers, care homes and workers and other essential workers.

tavyred

Nearly 190K jabs yesterday in just England. Considering the new 5 large scale centres are using this week for a soft start and more are coming on stream next week, I would think there’s a considerable ramp up to be seen in the next week or two, depending on manufacture and supply of course.

DB9

Nearly 190K jabs yesterday in just England. Considering the new 5 large scale centres are using this week for a soft start and more are coming on stream next week, I would think there’s a considerable ramp up to be seen in the next week or two, depending on manufacture and supply of course.
Has to be congratulating that the vaccine doses given out has past the 2.5m mark already but there's a long way to go and hopefully manufacture (Government can't do anything about that) will keep up with demand and I'm hopeful now the army are involved distribution will keep on top of things but it needs to be kept an eye on, This is our "Passport to normality" So far, So good. 👍

Alistair20000

"Supply of the vaccine is the rate-limiting factor and we have to make sure that the vaccine is distributed to everybody, in the first instance over the age of 80 and then over the age of 70, by 15 February, so we’re on track,” he told BBC Radio 4’s Today programme".

Not sure if the above is in addition to health workers, care homes and workers and other essential workers.
If that is what Hancock (To55er) said, the drug companies immediately riposted that Government is conflating supply with delivery. The matter of delivery being the issue not manufacture and supply.

Not wanting to be too hard on this mind as clearly major efforts are being made. Government just needs to stick to facts and not try to spin things to deflect or try to win an unworthy advantage.

In other Hancock buffoonery, I laughed reasonably hard when he gave his support to the Derbyshire police on fining the two ladies with their “picnic” coffee. At about the same time as the dopey Police were withdrawing those fines as they were wholly illegal.

Hancock should read Jonathan Sumption’s excellent article in the Torygraph today. The essence of his piece is that the Police must apply the law and not the whims of ministers. Nor should the Police argue, as they did in a desperate and misguided attempt to justify the fines, that the ladies were not acting “within the spirit” of the Regulations.

So Hancock (To55er) is ignorant of his own Regulations and worse still didn’t care.

On reflection “buffoonery” was not quite the right word. It is far worse than that.

Reactions: Egg

IndoMike

If that is what Hancock (To55er) said, the drug companies immediately riposted that Government is conflating supply with delivery. The matter of delivery being the issue not manufacture and supply.

Not wanting to be too hard on this mind as clearly major efforts are being made. Government just needs to stick to facts and not try to spin things to deflect or try to win an unworthy advantage.

In other Hancock buffoonery, I laughed reasonably hard when he gave his support to the Derbyshire police on fining the two ladies with their “picnic” coffee. At about the same time as the dopey Police were withdrawing those fines as they were wholly illegal.

Hancock should read Jonathan Sumption’s excellent article in the Torygraph today. The essence of his piece is that the Police must apply the law and not the whims of ministers. Nor should the Police argue, as they did in a desperate and misguided attempt to justify the fines, that the ladies were not acting “within the spirit” of the Regulation
So Hancock (To55er) is ignorant of his own Regulations and worse still didn’t care.

On reflection “buffoonery” was not quite the right word. It is far worse than that.
As you know, I've said more than enough about Hancock over the last 9 months and have run out of appropriate adjectives to describe him. At least he's sticking at it, I suppose.
I feel there will be many hiccups on the way regarding procurement, distribution and actual vaccination, but there's no other choice so will have to hope that it will go well.

Alistair20000

Boris now “very concerned” about the Brazilian variant.

Just wait until the variants from Outer Mongolia, Pitcairn Island and Mars appear.

Mr Jinx

Boris now “very concerned” about the Brazilian variant.

Just wait until the variants from Outer Mongolia, Pitcairn Island and Mars appear.
Germany blames it on us. We blame it on Brazil. Brazil blames it on...

Can you see what they're doing yet? Back to the school yard.

tavyred

I fear the U.K. is going to blamed for all the variants as our world leading genome sequencing capability means it’s mainly us that identifies the variants. 🙄