• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

UK Lockdown

RedPaul

Well-known Exeweb poster
Given Hancock wants to use T&T for the common cold (ref his Committee appearance yesterday), expect calls for some sort of restrictions every winter that has a bad flu or freezing temperatures.

In which case this thread will still be going in 10 yrs time.

(Note, I am not equating Covid to the common cold)

Oldsmobile-88

Very well known Exeweb poster
I had a text today from my local surgery inviting me for a Flu jab(never had one before)It mentioned in the text that 50-64 year olds are being offered the jab(I’m 59)
Was it only 65 & above who were offered the jab(on the NHS)in previous years ?

Anyway I’ve decided to take them up on the offer.Knowing my luck if I didn’t,I would catch it.

iscalad

I had a text today from my local surgery inviting me for a Flu jab(never had one before)It mentioned in the text that 50-64 year olds are being offered the jab(I’m 59)
Was it only 65 & above who were offered the jab(on the NHS)in previous years ?

Anyway I’ve decided to take them up on the offer.Knowing my luck if I didn’t,I would catch it.
I had the Jan for the first time this year. Arm hurt like blazes for about 4 days.
Good luck

RedPaul

Well-known Exeweb poster
I had the Jan for the first time this year. Arm hurt like blazes for about 4 days.
Good luck
Oh cheers. Got my first one next week. Thought I'd better as might help protect against CV, then got CV anyway.

Oldsmobile-88

Good luck
I will be breaking out the Tramadol 😎...

Rosencrantz

I've had the flu jab every year being asthmatic, never had a problem at all and most years it has worked for me.

Ashford Grecian

I have never had the flu jab and it worked for me
Never had the flu or a day of work with any illness since I joined present company in March 1996

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
Never had the flu or a day of work with any illness since I joined present company in March 1996
Well done big boy.

💪

angelic upstart

How many others have you made I'll during that time?

dontpassback

Bigger picture RP - a rampant new 'wave' should distract quite nicely from other ongoing events.

Yours cynically.
Brexit fiasco per chance ?