• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

UK Lockdown

DB9

Very well known Exeweb poster
Thanks. Interview went very well. Turns out he was a Brentford fan, so we had a lengthy chat about Ollie Watkins and losing play off finals! Football, the great leveller! So fingers crossed, a few more hoops to jump through but hopefully I'm not out of work come Crimbo. This one's a good gig too.

And good luck to you too. I'm getting the impression hiring has picked up recently. I think a lot of companies that had put things on hold are now thinking sod it, this is the way things will be for a long time now, so let's just get people in...no point in waiting.
Yep, Football is always a great conversation leveller. I'm hoping they're feeling confident of taking people on, What holds businesses back is uncertainty, Just like the Brexit issue, All business asked for is clarity, No matter what side won.

RedPaul

Well-known Exeweb poster
I don't know if anyone else looks at it, but the Gov have released a new version of the 'Coronavirus dashboard'. It is actually quite useful and provides info on information in your area down to ward level all in 1 place as well as regional/national pictures.

It's much better than the current one, in my view anyway.

Oldsmobile-88

I have noticed the GWR Services that run through Exeter to London are fairly empty of passenger side.

tavyred

The ‘R’ number range drops to 1.2 to 1.4. this past week.
Encouraging news.

IndoMike

I see various pubs and cafes in Exeter and district are starting to offer free packed lunches for the kids over half-term. That is great to hear.

elginCity

I see various pubs and cafes in Exeter and district are starting to offer free packed lunches for the kids over half-term. That is great to hear.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Anything in Exeter that we can support either financially or time?

elginCity

The ‘R’ number range drops to 1.2 to 1.4. this past week.
Encouraging news.
It is, but with 20,530 new cases and 224 new deaths in the past 24 hours, not such encouraging news, sadly.

tavyred

It is, but with 20,530 new cases and 224 new deaths in the past 24 hours, not such encouraging news, sadly.
I guess the R is a lagging indicator Elgy.

IndoMike