• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

UK Lockdown

elginCity

Very well known Exeweb poster
The U.K. is lying about the number of tests it’s carried out?
Patently. During the presser Whitty said 15% of tests were positive- 7000 new cases. That equates to around 45,000 tests/day, whereas Hancock/Johnson confirm 250,000 per day are being tested. 10 million more than Germany in total to date. As you said earlier - that huge number of tests explains the record rise in infections.

I don’t know why Whitty should lie about the test figures, does he think we’re stupid ?

tavyred

Patently. During the presser Whitty said 15% of tests were positive- 7000 new cases. That equates to around 45,000 tests/day, whereas Hancock/Johnson confirm 250,000 per day are being tested. 10 million more than Germany in total to date. As you said earlier - that huge number of tests explains the record rise in infections.

I don’t know why Whitty should lie about the test figures, does he think we’re stupid ?
Good point.
Summat doesn't add up.

RedPaul

Well-known Exeweb poster
I don't believe Whitty would stand in front of graphs though that say we are testing 200,000 odd a day if we weren't?

Meanwhile 1 million, yes 1 million, women are behind on breast cancer screening.

When will people wake up to the real public health disaster taking place across the country.

elginCity

I don't believe Whitty would stand in front of graphs though that say we are testing 200,000 odd a day if we weren't?
The graphs totally contradict his words, perhaps he’s only responsible for what comes out of his mouth ?

I too wish people would wake up, and not continue to enable the root of the problem - this government.

OmanGrecian

tavyred

The graphs totally contradict his words, perhaps he’s only responsible for what comes out of his mouth ?

I too wish people would wake up, and not continue to enable the root of the problem - this government.
Was Whitty talking about just one pillar of testing perhaps?
EG. 15% of hospital tests are positive?

RedPaul

Well-known Exeweb poster
Another confession slipped out yesterday. Whitty said "we initially underestimated how fast the doubling was occurring. It's very important we don't do that a second time". This confirms to me that lockdown was 'late' because of the data / modelling being used in the decision making process at the time was highly inaccurate. Why it has taken 6 months to admit this, I don't know.

No wonder now the predicted growth graphs now are uber-cautious.

Mr Jinx

Given the number of testing sites around our way and the rate at which test slots are snaffled up, there's no way there's only 45k being tested a day around the country. I'd say it's easily over 200k a day. Whitty was wrong and not for the first time. It's therefore worrying that he's paid so much credence.

Meanwhile 1 million, yes 1 million, women are behind on breast cancer screening.

When will people wake up to the real public health disaster taking place across the country.
Yes, this is the biggest worry. Of those 1 million, they estimate 8,000 now have breast cancer that could have been caught earlier by screening. A crying shame.

Last edited:

Antony Moxey

So how come every other country on the planet is also in the grip of this pandemic? Is that this government’s fault too? What an utterly stupid thing to say.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Good to hear. 12 days until I visit Italy.