• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

UK Lockdown

tavyred

Very well known Exeweb poster
Just to back up Jinxy’s point hospitalisations have dropped for the last 3 days. 👍

DB9

Just to back up Jinxy’s point hospitalisations have dropped for the last 3 days. 👍
I so want this situation to get better any good news like this should not be buried under all the doom and gloom news we're subjected to every day.

Banksy

I so want this situation to get better any good news like this should not be buried under all the doom and gloom news we're subjected to every day.
That’s the problem , the media seem to thrive on doom and gloom. Difficult to find an uplifting story amongst it all most of the time.I’m afraid if it was completely up to me I’d turn most of the bleddy news off in our house.As it is , if I get the chance I mute the sound on most of the long faces on there.Failing that it’s a swift retreat to the garden shed.

Spoonz Red E

Good to hear.
Let's hope they stay down at precisely 10pm in two weeks time. 🤔🍺 🕙

Oldsmobile-88

Listening to Andy Burnham(Manchester Mayor) on PM he was suggesting that supermarkets & off licenses be stopped from selling alcohol from 9pm.

Not sure that’s going to make much difference to students & young adults boozing & having house parties in large groups.

RedPaul

Well-known Exeweb poster
Hard to read much into it, particularly given the issues with testing capacity having been reached. Hospitalisations remain the critical marker for me. They were rising quite quickly from a low base, but to nothing like the levels of March and April whereas case numbers gave the impression we were in a worse position than late March.

Case numbers in Spain and France remain huge (with less testing than us).

Fingers firmly crossed we have re-plateaued

DB9

Hard to read much into it, particularly given the issues with testing capacity having been reached. Hospitalisations remain the critical marker for me. They were rising quite quickly from a low base, but to nothing like the levels of March and April whereas case numbers gave the impression we were in a worse position than late March.

Case numbers in Spain and France remain huge (with less testing than us).

Fingers firmly crossed we have re-plateaued
That's why I said I so want this situation to get better, A couple of good days regarding infections and hospitalisation I know is not the end of things but I'd love it to be a chink of light in a very dark tunnel.

Rosencrantz

Listening to Andy Burnham(Manchester Mayor) on PM he was suggesting that supermarkets & off licenses be stopped from selling alcohol from 9pm.

Not sure that’s going to make much difference to students & young adults boozing & having house parties in large groups.
I think he was more concerned about the 10pm stampede to the supermarket and off licence that apparently is happening. He seems to be questioning whether the curfew is doing more harm than good.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/uk-england-manchester-54323760

elginCity

Here's something to ponder for the community immunity herding zealots and 'it's just the flu' disciples.

Remember the Diamond Princess, back in Feb ? 48 active cases still, 4 critical/serious. Sometimes this bugger just won't let go. :(

geoffwp

ASSEMBLE THE ARMY. God wills it.