• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

UK Lockdown

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
And so I took littlest Jinx for the family's first Covid test this morning as he's got a cough and cold. Booking the test was a bit of a faff...a bit like getting tickets for an FA Cup final, but once we'd got a slot the whole process was fairly painless. The scariest bit was having to head down to Tottenham (not far from the ground) for the test. It's another world down there, but we lived to tell the tale.
Jinxy is clearly an awful snob. "It's another world down there" he says. But I'm not surprised he's scared to walk along the Tottenham streets : he's even afraid of my posts 😅

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
My daughter reports that the hospital up north that she has been working with has in the last few weeks gone from half a ward set aside for Covid patients to 3.

DB9

My daughter reports that the hospital up north that she has been working with has in the last few weeks gone from half a ward set aside for Covid patients to 3.
Best wishes to your daughter Hants working within a hospital environment, I guess it's better to be prepared for worst case scenario.

tavyred

How do they know? It’s proven not to work with the elderly as much as it does with under 18s.
I’m not saying don’t have it, I’m saying it’s not a panacea. Any Covid vaccine will be the same. It’ll just be a way of saying we’ve done all we can do.
You said it was a waste of time, it clearly isn’t.

tavyred

Concur with Jinxy, I did the walk down Tottenham High Road from the tube for a NFL game last year. On a par, If not worse than leaving Brixton tube and taking the sphincter twitching walk up Brixton Hill in the late 80’s.
Truly shocking.

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
House prices in Tottenham currently stand at £439,489. Cheap for London !! :LOL:

Do you fancy a second home there Alistair20000 ??

Mr Jinx

Concur with Jinxy, I did the walk down Tottenham High Road from the tube for a NFL game last year. On a par, If not worse than leaving Brixton tube and taking the sphincter twitching walk up Brixton Hill in the late 80’s.
Truly shocking.
Little Jinx asked me "Daddy, where are we?".

"May as well be Kabul", came the reply.

Alistair20000

House prices in Tottenham currently stand at £439,489. Cheap for London !! :LOL:

Do you fancy a second home there Alistair20000 ??
With the gentrification going on around Tottenham Hale this could be a good area in which to invest

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
With the gentrification going on around Tottenham Hale this could be a good area in which to invest
I wouldn't invest in London at the moment, prices are a joke and who knows what impact the virus will have on the capital. I would anticipate there could be a few homeowners in London up sheet creek within the next year or two.

RedPaul

Well-known Exeweb poster
Little Jinx asked me "Daddy, where are we?".

"May as well be Kabul", came the reply.
I hope little Jinkxy gets the all clear. Concur that the locale round WHL is a world away from that around Stamford Bridge, or SJP.

Still preferable to Wembley surrounds though.