• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

UK Lockdown

RedPaul

Well-known Exeweb poster
Feel really sorry for our kids. They've lost out by losing their right to.be an EU citizen,
they've been played around re exams, they've been blamed for spreading the virus and now they're being locked up in small campus rooms at the start of their Uni journey. And yet whenever you hear these kids interviewed on TV or radio they come across as being really nice kids with no moaning or groaning about the sh*te they've been served up.
Having been made to pay up on advance in full for courses and accommodation, to which they they are now confined to watch zoom lectures and, in Scotland, not allowed to even go home.

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
Having been made to pay up on advance in full for courses and accommodation, to which they they are now confined to watch zoom lectures and, in Scotland, not allowed to even go home.
They're being treated very unfairly from various directions. They're learning one harsh lesson : life is not fair. But I'm encouraged by the youth of today. In general they're smart, philosophical about things and very pleasant. I do hope things start to improve for them.

Mr Jinx

And so I took littlest Jinx for the family's first Covid test this morning as he's got a cough and cold. Booking the test was a bit of a faff...a bit like getting tickets for an FA Cup final, but once we'd got a slot the whole process was fairly painless. The scariest bit was having to head down to Tottenham (not far from the ground) for the test. It's another world down there, but we lived to tell the tale.

Alistair20000

And so I took littlest Jinx for the family's first Covid test this morning as he's got a cough and cold. Booking the test was a bit of a faff...a bit like getting tickets for an FA Cup final, but once we'd got a slot the whole process was fairly painless. The scariest bit was having to head down to Tottenham (not far from the ground) for the test. It's another world down there, but we lived to tell the tale.
Tottenham area scary ?

Workings please.

Mr Jinx

Tottenham area scary ?

Workings please.
Do I need to? Just use your imagination.

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
Tottenham area scary ?

Workings please.
Sheet hole, simples.

Alistair20000

Sheet hole, simples.
There is a superb wet fish shop on the Tottenham High Road or whatever it is called.

angelic upstart

The yearly flu jab does work BTW. For the general population it reduces the risk of getting it by 40-60%.
How do they know? It’s proven not to work with the elderly as much as it does with under 18s.
I’m not saying don’t have it, I’m saying it’s not a panacea. Any Covid vaccine will be the same. It’ll just be a way of saying we’ve done all we can do.

angelic upstart

There is a superb wet fish shop on the Tottenham High Road or whatever it is called.
Frequently, I find the worse the area, the better the food options are.

Alistair20000

Do I need to? Just use your imagination.
No need to imagine. I have made the long trek from Seven Sisters and Tottenham Hale tube stations to the WHL stadium many times. Never felt threatened but maybe there is safety in numbers on match days.

The only bad incident I have seen was the Wet Spam fans kicking off after a game close to the new Sainsbury’s.

Given the size of the Labour majority in the Parliamentary constituency expectations of the area are set low :)