• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

UK Lockdown

Grecian2K

Very well known Exeweb poster
Talking of clear guidance to the public....can anyone out there make sense of the following gobbledegook ?

It was T.E. Lawrence who gave us the Seven Pillars of Wisdom.

All A. B. deP. Johnson has to offer is the Four Pillars of Indolence & Ignorance
(Or if one adds Raab, Hancock and Patel to the mix perhaps that should read "the Four Pillocks"!?)

tavyred

Talking of clear guidance to the public....can anyone out there make sense of the following gobbledegook ?
Bear with.
I'm going in, I might be some time. :)

IndoMike

Johnson will issue a sombre plea to the public to behave responsibly when pubs, bars and restaurants reopen in England on Saturday, warning them, “we are not out of the woods yet”.
"We chose a Saturday night to start
only because we know the pubs will be packed and this will lead to some great herd immunity spreading 👍.
Don't forget to wash your hands, stay at home, social distance (one or two meters or more or less), save the NHS, be good, no fighting, and don't throw bottles or pizza at our esteemed policemen.
You must be responsible or you will get a smacked botty and a jolly good telling off from Pretty Awful on Monday."

IndoMike

Yep, but whisky imports will still be permitted. :)
I was going to ask you if Tebbern was going to boycott whisky and then I thought nah......never.

Legohead

Banned
Johnson will issue a sombre plea to the public to behave responsibly when pubs, bars and restaurants reopen in England on Saturday, warning them, “we are not out of the woods yet”.
"We chose a Saturday night to start
only because we know the pubs will be packed and this will lead to some great herd immunity spreading 👍.
Don't forget to wash your hands, stay at home, social distance (one or two meters or more or less), save the NHS, be good, no fighting, and don't throw bottles or pizza at our esteemed policemen.
You must be responsible or you will get a smacked botty and a jolly good telling off from Pretty Awful on Monday."
That's pretty accurate Mike. :giggle:

IndoMike

That's pretty accurate Mike. :giggle:
Bit scary that Borisse is warning us, though
😅

Legohead

Banned

Thick tw*ts.

Maybe they should consider a puppy from a rescue home next time? Or at least from a puppy breeder of some local repute?

Deserve to be scammed. Dumbasses.

As for those who want designer puppies, should be banned from keeping animals for life. Anyone buying a puppy should be made to undergo an education course that qualifies them to know what they are doing when raising a puppy because a lot of puppy owners are so dense it's untrue. Their lack of even the most basic knowledge of how to train and bring up a puppy is mindblowing.

Last edited:

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong
Cant believe our far flung correspondent hasn't mentioned David Starkey yet ?
Or for that matter Professor Gopal ?

HH12

Well-known Exeweb poster
Back to North Devon for two nights tomorrow first time in 3 months
:D

Legohead

Banned
I think what would be helpful in getting confidence back in society in general would be if people could get an antibody test to see if they have already had the virus. A lot of people have had the virus and not even known about it for example and might be scared stiff to venture out but if they found out that they'd already had it with no ill effects then this may encourage more people to do more things knowing that they have come through the infection once and been fine.

If we know we've already had it then it makes a lot of us feel better and safer because we have been OK with it. This is not to say that it should give people carte blanche to abandon all distancing etc thinking they are immune of course but i'm sure it would make a lot of people's fears dissipate somewhat.

We all need an antibody test.