• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

UK Lockdown

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Looks like pubs with beer gardens to reopen on 22 June. I'm expecting rain that day!

Legohead

Banned
Looks like pubs with beer gardens to reopen on 22 June. I'm expecting rain that day!
Presumably the inside of the pub is still to be closed then and just the beer served in the beer garden?

Thing is, if you can't mix with other people from outside your household apart from 2 metres away then you may as well stay at home with the family and drink beer at home.

Ashford Grecian

Presumably the inside of the pub is still to be closed then and just the beer served in the beer garden?

Thing is, if you can't mix with other people from outside your household apart from 2 metres away then you may as well stay at home with the family and drink beer at home.
At a fraction of the price

LOG

Very well known Exeweb poster

For a lot of hospitality based businesses, it's probably not going to be worth opening.

Alistair20000

At a fraction of the price
But without the varied company.

RedPaul

Well-known Exeweb poster
For a lot of hospitality based businesses, it's probably not going to be worth opening.
Bigger pubs with large gardens will. They have missed out big time over these past few weeks. They will be able to do food too, on which the margins are much better. Give me a freshly poured pint anyday over a can/bottle. And I think the whole community 'support your local pub' feeling will be strong. Huge amount of jobs in the industry, particularly for young people and in rural villages, the biggest employer is often the big local country pub.

It's not just the pubs themselves, 'the bar' is a crucial revenue stream for thousands of sports clubs and societies too, amateur and (semi) pro.

I'd hope the Spot could reopen and allow people to spread out around Stadium Way, even in parts of the ground. I'm sure City fans would really support it.

Small poky town/city centre pubs however won't bother, it's true.

Legohead

Banned
Pubs like most things under restrictions, aren't worth visiting. Humans are social creatures and unless normality can be resumed then I don't see the point in going anywhere.

Just looked at the Chessington World of Adventures website just out of interest as I think it was DB9 who had mentioned them getting ready for bookings and re opening.

It states that there will be restricted numbers which is not a bad thing considering the manner in which theme parks usually pack people in like sardines and charge them about 150 quid a family knowing they will be queuing for most of the day and get on about 3 rides.

It states that 'adventurers will be encouraged to wear masks'.

Also there will be take out food only. My personal opinion is that these places should be banned from serving food regardless of Covid as what they generally serve up for a ridiculous price is scandalous. They seem to think that all kids in the UK only eat fries and nuggets for some strange reason.

Anyway i digress.

There will be distancing for ride queues. Distancing on the actual rides themselves resulting in fewer people on rides and thus longer queues despite restricted numbers.

The rides will be stopped every so often to be disinfected. Are people suddenly unable to wash their own hands then?

There will be queues for the bogs and so on and so forth.

Anyone going to a theme park under these restrictions is disturbed.

I also noted that a beautiful reservoir and country park not far from us has re opened. It's called Carsington Water and run by Severn Trent Water. It states 'be prepared to queue for limited toilet facilities'.

That rules that one out then.

It's weird how i am desperate for things to re open so i can finally get out but under these restrictions i'd rather stay home. I'm sure i won't be the only one.

For many places and many people. Things have to get back to normal before things improve for businesses like these and their customers.

IndoMike

Bat's nice there, allegedly.

I don't agree with that, Lego.
I think inside the pub it's good to have a good atmosphere, but in the beer garden it's just nice to hang out and relax. Each to his own

Legohead

Banned
I don't agree with that, Lego.
I think inside the pub it's good to have a good atmosphere, but in the beer garden it's just nice to hang out and relax. Each to his own
A good atmosphere requires people to be able to mix together. Not 2m apart.

IndoMike

Pubs like most things under restrictions, aren't worth visiting. Humans are social creatures and unless normality can be resumed then I don't see the point in going anywhere.

Just looked at the Chessington World of Adventures website just out of interest as I think it was DB9 who had mentioned them getting ready for bookings and re opening.

It states that there will be restricted numbers which is not a bad thing considering the manner in which theme parks usually pack people in like sardines and charge them about 150 quid a family knowing they will be queuing for most of the day and get on about 3 rides.

It states that 'adventurers will be encouraged to wear masks'.

Also there will be take out food only. My personal opinion is that these places should be banned from serving food regardless of Covid as what they generally serve up for a ridiculous price is scandalous. They seem to think that all kids in the UK only eat fries and nuggets for some strange reason.

Anyway i digress.

There will be distancing for ride queues. Distancing on the actual rides themselves resulting in fewer people on rides and thus longer queues despite restricted numbers.

The rides will be stopped every so often to be disinfected. Are people suddenly unable to wash their own hands then?

There will be queues for the bogs and so on and so forth.

Anyone going to a theme park under these restrictions is disturbed.

I also noted that a beautiful reservoir and country park not far from us has re opened. It's called Carsington Water and run by Severn Trent Water. It states 'be prepared to queue for limited toilet facilities'.

That rules that one out then.

It's weird how i am desperate for things to re open so i can finally get out but under these restrictions i'd rather stay home. I'm sure i won't be the only one.

For many places and many people. Things have to get back to normal before things improve for businesses like these and their customers.

I hate that kind of place. Much prefer going to natural places