• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

UK Lockdown

Mr Jinx

Very well known Exeweb poster
If he isn't that important, why on earth would Boris be sticking his neck out to widespread criticism - including from within his own party - to save him? That really makes less sense.
I already answered that: He's the perfect foil. To the opposing side he's seen as the bogeyman, the pantomime villain, the wicked witch of the West, etc. It deflects some of the ire away from Johnson. Were Cummings to go, then that shield is gone, Bozza is exposed like the Wizard of Oz without his curtain.

DB9

if it wasn't for Brexit still lingering, I'd have been happy to have seen him gone.
Again sorry for picking up on one sentence but Brexit is NOT lingering, Its done and dusted, The last GE saw to that, We have more important things to worry about at the moment. I have been really interested that over the last few months or so those who voted leave are panicking there is some conspiricy to stop it happening and keep bringing this up when talking about Covid-19. You have an 80 seat majority, It is now enshrined in UK law that we have left and the transition period will end 31st Dec 2020, Everyone knows and accept that (Some reluctantly), What they are doing i think bringing out these "Scare Stories" because now with this virus even more the other side of Dec 2020 wont be as rosey as they said it would be and they have no one else to blame, Before Dec GE they had all the aumunition they needed but the GE put that to bed and everything now that might or might not happen with Brexit is THEIR fault, Not Labour, Not Corbyn, Not Gina Miller but theirs and theirs alone because that 80 seat majority means any opposition is meaningless, The opposition can huff and puff all they want but it won't make one iota of a difference, The HoC's numbers will see to that.

Rosencrantz

I already answered that: He's the perfect foil. To the opposing side he's seen as the bogeyman, the pantomime villain, the wicked witch of the West, etc. It deflects some of the ire away from Johnson. Were Cummings to go, then that shield is gone, Bozza is exposed like the Wizard of Oz without his curtain.
Jinxy, Cummings is still there and if there is a curtain still there shielding Boris, it is a sheer net curtain. It might be there, but everyone can see in.

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
Maybe Swiss men have very long c****
Clocks ?

iscalad

Too many letters

RedPaul

Well-known Exeweb poster
He was, but now he isn't. The ire on Johnson has increased 5 fold because he has defended Cummins in the face of all reason.
If he'd sacked him, he would have looked much more statesmanlike, shown he has an open ear to the mood of the nation and set a line in the sand that 'no-one is more important than the rules'.

Alistair20000

Maybe Swiss men have very long c****
Ooh err missus :eek:

Mr Jinx

Again sorry for picking up on one sentence but Brexit is NOT lingering, Its done and dusted,
If that's the case, what was all the kerfuffle around Barnier a couple of weeks ago? Yes, it is done and dusted in the eyes of many but there's still a lot of work to be done behind the scenes before the deadline of Dec 31st (assuming it doesn't now get delayed). I's have to be dotted and t's crossed, colour of curtains and all that...

Last edited:

Mr Jinx

He was, but now he isn't. The ire on Johnson has increased 5 fold because he has defended Cummins in the face of all reason.
If he'd sacked him, he would have looked much more statesmanlike, shown he has an open ear to the mood of the nation and set a line in the sand that 'no-one is more important than the rules'.
Yep, can't argue with that. I presume Johnson is hoping it'll all seem a bit irrelevant when you're queuing at a food bank towards the end of the year.

RedPaul

Well-known Exeweb poster
Yep, can't argue with that. I presume Johnson is hoping it'll all seem a bit irrelevant when you're queuing at a food bank towards the end of the year.
Depends if we are all queuing but DC has still got the Ocado van pulling up outside his house.