• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

UK Lockdown

Alistair20000

Very well known Exeweb poster
I got scammed at an ATM. 600 bleddy quid.
Where was that Indo ? Hope you got your money back.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
I was hoping for a new normal, a kinder world, a better world. But I still acts of selfishness. Why do people think that they don't have to take responsibility for their rubbish, and can for example just abandon it on the bench?

Alistair20000

I've little doubt that these people are not used to the sea and are pretty much novices in whatever they are doing, like the jet ski guy. I'll bet he thought it would be just like riding a bike. People then blame the lifeguards or the RNLI. Whatever happened to people taking blame for their own thoughtless actions.
That belongs to a different era.

Grecian2K

geoffwp

That belongs to a different era.
Unfortunately that is very true Al.

geoffwp

I was hoping for a new normal, a kinder world, a better world. But I still acts of selfishness. Why do people think that they don't have to take responsibility for their rubbish, and can for example just abandon it on the bench?
I guess it's because they actually DONT think. They just act. It's their right to do whatever, either that or they simply do not care at all. The problem is there are rather a lot of them.

IndoMike

Trouble is Indo, in our nanny state with ambulance chasing lawyers they would expect to be rescued and probably have a human right of some sort. Where there's blame there's a claim.
Where I am you can forget about that.
But it does depend on each individual claim. If you go to a shop and a chandelier falls on your head is different from climbing a lamp- post when you're ******, falling off it, brsaking your neck and suing the local council because the lamp post was there.
But I'm all for people being accountable for their own actions, as you've probably noticed from my posts about the Govt on the Politics thread 👍

IndoMike

Where was that Indo ? Hope you got your money back.
It's a long story and will probably bore posters to death even more than my "Tories are wicked" posts. If you really want to know I can tell you. Happened 2 years ago in an extremely annoying week for me here.

Mr Jinx

Alistair20000

It's a long story and will probably bore posters to death even more than my "Tories are wicked" posts. If you really want to know I can tell you. Happened 2 years ago in an extremely annoying week for me here.
A yes or no answer to whether you got your money back will do thanks