• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

UK Lockdown

DB9

Very well known Exeweb poster
I have a villa on Crete booked for September to celebrate my birthday. I'm trying to remain optimistic that it'll happen. I have looked up places in Devon just in case, but you don't get much for your pound in England.
If Crete is not doable Hants, UK holidays are going to be big business, Especially if the restrictions on going abroad make it too much hassle. The Government and tourismUK are going to encourage people to holiday in the UK, mainly to help out the tourist industry, Like France is encouraging their people to holiday in France and i think that will reflect in prices too. If it works then places like Devon will be very busy, Tourism could do very well out of this.

manc grecian

I was planning for Berlin in October for my 40th but not sure I can be arsed now.

Mrs Manc still thinks I'm joking that I want to go on my own

• Haha
Reactions: DB9

iscalad

I have a villa on Crete booked for September to celebrate my birthday. I'm trying to remain optimistic that it'll happen. I have looked up places in Devon just in case, but you don't get much for your pound in England.
Umm, remind us where you took your wife on her birthday?

Antony Moxey

I'd thought you'd been watching loads! How is your work during this lockdown? Just out of interest
Lockdown’s made no difference to me whatsoever. Makes me glad I sold my business a couple of years ago.

Antony Moxey

Assuming it is not impertinent to ask, what do you fill the day with Ant ? I had thought more films until I saw your other post.
Work. I’m doing normal hours at work (not home) so don’t have time for much film watching.

iscalad

Genuine question: 9-10 wks since lockdown (I know some things have been eased) just asking, How is everyone doing? Nothing political, Just reall want to know, If you don't want to say totally cool with that.
Mrs Isca and I have been retired for over 3 years and are not that active. Lockdown has been ok as we don't go out too much. Miss seeing the kids, and especially the grandkids, on a regular basis. When the weather was nice we would stroll down to Polsloe Bridge and catch a train to the seaside and do miss that.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Umm, remind us where you took your wife on her birthday?
We were tourists in London for the day! Next year on her birthday we should be cruising down the Nile.

manc grecian

Genuine question: 9-10 wks since lockdown (I know some things have been eased) just asking, How is everyone doing? Nothing political, Just reall want to know, If you don't want to say totally cool with that.
All good here. Some days where I've had enough. Enjoyed doing a week at work and then working for a couple of hrs on alternate days for the last few weeks. The weather, a big garden and a 1yr old that sleeps for a couple of hrs in the afternoon have made it bearable. Hated doing the shopping and looking forward to work next week despite how weird it's going to be.

Can't wIt for my 12yr old to go back to school so I don't have to listen to her ***** facetime conversations and can't wait until I can play cricket and football again.

Legohead

Banned

Respect to this man.

Cummings should be sacked asap, led round the back of a disused pub by all those who have done the right thing and pummelled into a snivelling ball.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member

Respect to this man.

Cummings should be sacked asap, led round the back of a disused pub by all those who have done the right thing and pummelled into a snivelling ball.
Sky should have done some research on him first. He's all over the place, in supporting Corbyn, not supporting Corbyn!