• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

UK Lockdown

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
This bloke sums it up well

"Anger and dismay was also expressed by Church of England bishops on Twitter after the prime minister’s press conference. The Rt Revd Nick Baines, bishop of Leeds, said: “The question now is: do we accept being lied to, patronised and treated by a PM as mugs? The moral question is not for Cummings - it is for PM and ministers/MPs who find this behaviour acceptable".

IndoMike

What is the exact question you would like me to answer Elgy?
I have two
1. Do you think Cummings should be fired?
2. Do you think the Govt has been negligent regarding dealing with the Covid19 crisis?

My answers are
1.Yes.
2.Yes.

What are yours?

elginCity

What is the exact question you would like me to answer Elgy?
No specific question, Al, just genuinely interested in your opinion, as one of the government supporters in this thread.

RP described it as 'bizarre', even the Daily Mail front page is asking 'What Planet Are They On ?'. What is your take on it all ?

DB9

Genuine question: 9-10 wks since lockdown (I know some things have been eased) just asking, How is everyone doing? Nothing political, Just reall want to know, If you don't want to say totally cool with that.

IndoMike

Genuine question: 9-10 wks since lockdown (I know some things have been eased) just asking, How is everyone doing? Nothing political, Just reall want to know, If you don't want to say totally cool with that.
I'll reply.
For me it's been no problem since I do translation work from home, although that has dried up in the last month.
My wife's had extended summer holiday leave from Jakarta International School and we've got on fine
I do.the weekly shopping trip well protected.
I've cut down on food because I'm less active and have lost around 12 kilos : now 90 kilos.
No stress here, but of course would like to get out and about more.
How about you?

Reactions: DB9

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
I'm fine, but then I work. Getting a bit bored of the B3007 as that is the road that links me with Farnham and work, and is just about all I see. The wife has worked at home for ages, so no change there, and son is only requited in school about once in every 3 weeks. So the house is never quiet, which I find frustrating - I love the quietness of the house when I'm here on my own.

Finances are doing well. Free car parking and the food in our canteen is free.

DB9

I'll reply.
For me it's been no problem since I do translation work from home, although that has dried up in the last month.
My wife's had extended summer holiday leave from Jakarta International School and we've got on fine
I do.the weekly shopping trip well protected.
I've cut down on food because I'm less active and have lost around 12 kilos : now 90 kilos.
No stress here, but of course would like to get out and about more.
How about you?
Me? TBH struggling a bit now, Miss the family, Especially the little ones, Worried about work and money a bit now and little things that go wrong in your day to day life seem so much bigger at the moment but I'm well (Touch wood) so that is a positive.

arthur

I was always slightly amazed by the sight of male members of Tavy's "the people" proclaiming that they were going to vote for "Boris" because he's "got balls". Now he has revealed what has been apparent to many for along time - he is an incredibly weak man and, consequently, a totally useless Prime Minister.

Paddy Power has the odds of him going this year at 11/4. It was recently 4/1

IndoMike

Me? TBH struggling a bit now, Miss the family, Especially the little ones, Worried about work and money a bit now and little things that go wrong in your day to day life seem so much bigger at the moment but I'm well (Touch wood) so that is a positive.
Yep, being separated from family is a pain but zoom etc can help.
Obviously it goes against the grain of human nature to be socially isolated but
it's for the best. In life we get tested sometimes, right?
Hope all goes well.

IndoMike

I was always slightly amazed by the sight of male members of Tavy's "the people" proclaiming that they were going to vote for "Boris" because he's "got balls". Now he has revealed what has been apparent to many for along time - he is an incredibly weak man and, consequently, a totally useless Prime Minister.

Paddy Power has the odds of him going this year at 11/4. It was recently 4/1
His track record is littered with irresponsibility. I'd rather have Frankie Howard as P.M (and he's dead).
He even tried to deny paternity of one of his kids and cover it up. Can you imagine trying to cover up the existence of your child?
He's a coward and full of shyte. How people could have been fooled by his act beggars belief.