• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

UK Lockdown

Grecian2K

Very well known Exeweb poster
The arrogant smirk when leaving No 10 just now say it all!

DOM-ESTOS
BREAK 99.9% OF ALL KNOWN RULES

Attachments

elginCity

I am very displeased with Mrs Jason for denying us the insights provided by her husband
Yes, mustn't forget Tavares' triumphalist 'Boris is winning the war' then he pledged to come back and update us after two weeks, to speak as he found. That was about 3 months ago.

What a bunch of jellybacks they are. :ROFLMAO:

Antony Moxey

Do you not understand that it's not about the law, it's about the message his behaviour sends. It means that no one will take any instructions from Johnson seriously ever again
The point is the poster I quoted in my post that you’ve quoted mentioned breaking laws. I merely enquired as to which law he’d broken.

Legohead

Banned
View attachment 2656

DOM-ESTOS
BREAK 99.9% OF ALL KNOWN RULES
Can't someone just knock the sh*t out of him?

elginCity

Got a horrible feeling we're all being played once again by the dupesters.

RedPaul

Well-known Exeweb poster
I only described how I felt watching and listening to it.

I shall reserve judgement, there has to be a plausible reason for it, perhaps it was all a part of the plan ? Cummings is very clever, after all.
I find this whole episode bizarre. The only plan that I can think this is part of is that HMG want people actually to get back to it. Even they feel their own restrictions are too restrictive. But I really struggle, particularly over the lack of any sort of apology.

I still say he should have gone but Boiris has made his decision. Millions hate it, think it is duplicitous etc etc but there are much bigger issues to sort.
Move on, sort the rest of the mess out.

elginCity

I find this whole episode bizarre. The only plan that I can think this is part of is that HMG want people actually to get back to it. Even they feel their own restrictions are too restrictive. .......
Interesting theory. So as a result, say, that the lockdown breaks down and there's a spike in infections, meaning another lockdown, the finger would be pointing at Cummings, and by extension The Johnson ? How do you see them spinning that ?

DB9

"Speaking to the BBC's Andrew Marr, Tony Hall said 94% of the UK accessed the BBC for "information, entertainment or education" during the pandemic."

Saw this and thought all those people who think the BBC is biased one way or another, The general public are still turning to the BBC for reliable info on the pandemic which to me says at least they're not relying on weird, Unsubstaniated, Fake news that the internet is full of. I hope, espcially for the over 75's that the threat of recinding the free TV licence is lifted.

RedPaul

Well-known Exeweb poster
Interesting theory. So as a result, say, that the lockdown breaks down and there's a spike in infections, meaning another lockdown, the finger would be pointing at Cummings, and by extension The Johnson ? How do you see them spinning that ?
It's a theory, I'm not saying I agree with it!
If it was to pan out this way, then would be no spinning it. The Gov now has no way of asking the public to follow its lockdown rules because it's chief adviser hasn't - whatever his perhaps genuine intentions.

I still haven't seen another country have a significant spike post-easing. Yes an outbreak here or there, leading to local re-locking but nothing, anywhere, requiring a nationwide re-lockdown.

My hunch is that in the UK this is now concentrated in care homes, and some northern cities. Vast swathes of rural UK never had it in a meaningful way, and it has largely gone from towns and cities south of Brum.

iscalad

"Speaking to the BBC's Andrew Marr, Tony Hall said 94% of the UK accessed the BBC for "information, entertainment or education" during the pandemic."

Saw this and thought all those people who think the BBC is biased one way or another, The general public are still turning to the BBC for reliable info on the pandemic which to me says at least they're not relying on weird, Unsubstaniated, Fake news that the internet is full of. I hope, espcially for the over 75's that the threat of recinding the free TV licence is lifted.
Recinding the free TV licence was a government decision, not the BBC'S.