• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

UK Lockdown

Hermann

Well-known Exeweb poster
On the plus side, they all look alert

Legohead

Banned
That will help the R number. :ROFLMAO:

Mr Jinx

Very well known Exeweb poster
Many thanks Sadiq. You utter côck.

iscalad

I see the Queen's Head is in trouble, having opened during lockdown.

manc grecian

I see the Queen's Head is in trouble, having opened during lockdown.
Lucky Prince Philip

STURTZ

Be Alert

(This country needs Lerts).

Alistair20000

Many thanks Sadiq. You utter côck.
Are they all essential workers travelling to work ?

DB9

Are they all essential workers travelling to work ?
If you listen to the PM last night, He wants all workers if they can't work from home to go back to work, I'd imagine as soon as that address finished loads of people got emails asking them to return to work

RedPaul

Well-known Exeweb poster
If you listen to the PM last night, He wants all workers if they can't work from home to go back to work, I'd imagine as soon as that address finished loads of people got emails asking them to return to work
Government guidance page 29

All workers who cannot work from home should travel to work if their workplace is open. Sectors of the economy that are allowed to be open should be open, for example this includes food production, construction, manufacturing, logistics, distribution and scientific research in laboratories. The only exceptions to this are those workplaces such as hospitality and nonessential retail which during this first step the Government is requiring to remain closed.

Government guidance page 30

Social distancing guidance on public transport must be followed rigorously. As with workplaces, transport operators should follow appropriate guidance to make their services COVID19 Secure; this will be published this week.

So the Gov want people to go back to work, if they can't work at home, but not issued guidance to the transport operators....

I am sympathetic to the enormous challenges faced in working out how to square the circle of all this, but this is an absolute nonsense.
No wonder there is so much confusion.

Other points I took out of reading the 60 pages
- no confidence in a vaccine at any point in the medium term
- want all primary pupils back for some part of summer term but no secondary (except yr 10)
- you can travel as far as you wish for exercise or just visiting outdoor spaces, unless it involves crossing the border with Wales or Scotland
- there is scope to have different rules in different parts of England

DB9

Government guidance page 29

All workers who cannot work from home should travel to work if their workplace is open. Sectors of the economy that are allowed to be open should be open, for example this includes food production, construction, manufacturing, logistics, distribution and scientific research in laboratories. The only exceptions to this are those workplaces such as hospitality and nonessential retail which during this first step the Government is requiring to remain closed.

Government guidance page 30

Social distancing guidance on public transport must be followed rigorously. As with workplaces, transport operators should follow appropriate guidance to make their services COVID19 Secure; this will be published this week.

So the Gov want people to go back to work, if they can't work at home, but not issued guidance to the transport operators....

I am sympathetic to the enormous challenges faced in working out how to square the circle of all this, but this is an absolute nonsense.
No wonder there is so much confusion.

Other points I took out of reading the 60 pages
- no confidence in a vaccine at any point in the medium term
- want all primary pupils back for some part of summer term but no secondary (except yr 10)
- you can travel as far as you wish for exercise or just visiting outdoor spaces, unless it involves crossing the border with Wales or Scotland
- there is scope to have different rules in different parts of England
Well that's all clear.........As mud!🤔