• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

UK Lockdown

OmanGrecian

My son has just messaged me that Berlin is in lockdown.
Bars were shut yesterday afternoon with customers not allowed to finish their drinks !
I’m in Düsseldorf. No signs of lockdown here. The streets are packed with people drinking. I wanted to join in, but I have early flight to Rome tomorrow (maybe) to return to work.

GrecianLez

Administrator
Staff member
we always have a larder stocked with 2 weeks food.. plenty of models to build.. if im off work for two weeks ill have plenty to do...

Oldsmobile-88

Very well known Exeweb poster
It makes you wonder once this crisis is all over how many airlines & travel companies will be left in the country ?

Overcrowding on trains not be a issue now because not many are travelling,this is hitting franchise revenues.

There will certainly be a reset on many things that we have taken for granted.

The only winner is the planet.Its having a breather from CO2.

IndoMike

There will be some in this age group who will say boll*cks to that and I will take my chance with this fecker.
...which would be a very selfish action..

IndoMike

Close the supermarkets so people can't stockpile!
Yeah. Great idea, Hants. They'll just starve instead. Better to let 10 in at a time and limit their purchases. It's not difficult.

OmanGrecian

For those interested in stats etc, I find this website fascinating. When opening up the graphs, China is starting to plateau.

DB9

Listening to Piers Morgan on GMB I wish they'd put him in lockdown, He is more interested in his own voice then anyone elses view, IE a fully qualified medical doctor

Oldsmobile-88

I went into the All Stars Bar in Sidwell St yesterday evening.Not so many customers as usual which is understandable due to the lack of football but still a reasonable number in there.
There was a excellent Citra IPA(5%) @ £1.99 to help you watch the Badminton which was on the big screens 😁

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
I wish they would hurry up and close down garden centres with immediate effect. I got dragged along to one at the weekend and I never want to see another amusing doormat or cute animal ornament or scented candle as long as I live. No wonder blokes invented football.

Spoonz Red E

Yeah. Great idea, Hants. They'll just starve instead. Better to let 10 in at a time and limit their purchases. It's not difficult.
I don't know if they have a vaccine for whooshing yet but I think there could be a need ...

Hant's suggestion is close to this example I heard years ago
'The least safe carriage to be in on a train is the last one'
'Well, just get rid of the last one then!'